WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this just arrived at my place, delivered with fedex from Malaysia (of all places !)

great condition for its age (from 89 i would guess as it says '89' on the inside of the back cover)
and with a brand new leather original strap.

cost ... I am ashamed to say .... US $180 incl shipping !!! :gold

It will make a great X-mas present after its had a service

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dracha, I must say a very good buy. Did you buy via ebay.
Enjoy!!
Hi Len,

yes i bought it through Ebay. The seller sold it as 'defective' as he could only see the small seconds hand moving while the watch was running and the chrono seconds hand stopped after 1 minute (@ the 12 position again)

After the auction closing he contacted me saying that the watch now stopped completely and it didnt run at all anymore , he offered me a $50 refund on the $230 sale price (incl shipping) if I still wanted the watch or a complete refund . I took a risk and opted to buy the watch anyway figuring I knew it needed to be serviced

I attached the original Ebay pics.. some will say i must be crazy to bid due to the very bad pics ! :) but sometimes you will have to take a chance in life (and I had a good feeling about the seller)

Rgds
-Rene

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just replaced the battery and its still ticking away :)

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,150 Posts
Hey Dracha,
Sometimes you just luck in! A bit of a clean up with a cape code cloth and you will have a nice every day watch with no cringe if you ding it on a door. Oops, just noticed your sending it in for service in which case it will be in far better shape when it comes back after Breitling ministers to it in the work shop.
Nice one!

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,519 Posts
Hi, Rene'! This is one of the three best deals I've seen!!

Ggreat condition for its age (from 89 i would guess as it says '89' on the inside of the back cover) and with a brand new leather original strap. cost ... I am ashamed to say .... US $180 incl shipping !!! :gold
No doubt about it. Congratulations on a terrific find! |> The other two deals to which I refer were Todd's Colt and Elliot's Colt for his son. I love it when good things happen to good folks!!! :-!
Cheers,
Ron

PS. Altan did get an excellent bargain on a B-class for his wife and Bob did the same on a Callistino for his lady. Ya' gotta luv it!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice hit, but what the hell happened to the box, was it dropped in a blender? :think:
its just peeling off, must be old age.. moisture.. a loose maniacal blender or a climate induced deterioration (read malaysia hot and moist) of the plastic coating.. but i could care less as its almost 20 years old *lol*

-Rene

·
Registered
28 Posts
this just arrived at my place, delivered with fedex from Malaysia (of all places !)

great condition for its age (from 89 i would guess as it says '89' on the inside of the back cover)
and with a brand new leather original strap.

cost ... I am ashamed to say .... US $180 incl shipping !!! :gold

It will make a great X-mas present after its had a service
Very nice deal ! I hope you will enjoy your watch much !

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi AndyJones

thank you for your observations, please do a search on Breitling sextant quartz B55045 80350 in the Richter book (or even online through Google) and you will find that this Breitling sextant is actually a genuine Breitling
with the F. Piguet 1270 quartz mechanical (or mecaquartz) movement and that the case, movement, dial , pushers and crown are all correct for this watch

here's a good link to some 'mecaquartz' information
http://www.qahill.com/tz/mq/mq.html

Rgds
-Rene

1 - 12 of 12 Posts