WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends!

Gotta share my excitement with you all! I bought a box of watches form eBay because I saw something that looked interesting... and I found this gem: Seamaster chrono from the early 70s and it is running! Probably will need a service and obviously needs a new crystal... but I am beyond excited. Anyway, just had to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Congrats...I'm sure you got a good deal....I'd think that's about a $1200 service from Omega.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Congrats. I was just looking at these Seamaster Chrono's last night. If I'm not mistaken it's the reference 176.007.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
If you are excited, congratulations! It will look great after service and repair.

·
Registered
9,841 Posts
That'll be a great watch, once it's been fixed up. Can't wait to see it done. (y)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep. 176.007. One of my favorites. Early seventies, I’d guess—maybe ‘72? They’re lovely watches. The radial brushing on the case, the blue dial, bright colors and the jet wings on the chrono minutes counter are really busy but all seem to work together for a striking look. I just got one myself but my wife won’t let me wear it until Christmas.

Should have an 1170 bracelet and if it is in good shape with the correct end links, just those pieces on their own would be worth several hundred Dollars. Don’t ditch them when you restore the watch.

Nice find!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will definitely post pics when it is done. Just got a quote for service, so that’s good. I suppose the big question is if I should do the refurb/polish or not. There is not cost difference if I opt out of that.

You guys will hate me... box cost $175 and there were a bunch of other mid/low tier watches (swatch, tissot, Casio, bulova, etc) that will more than make up the cost of the box itself.

No two ways about it, this was the find of the year for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Grand Seiko
21 Posts
Wow thats so cool! An awesome Thanksgiving extra luck find haha :) post a picture once its cleaned up! Would love to see

1 - 18 of 18 Posts