WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
They all tell the time which is good.
Its all about the design and how they look for me really:-!
I tend to only use;
hourly chime,
backlight,
day/date function.
So Best Feature=====Design|>

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Riseman is pretty feature-rich...
Very True!

I guess it really depends on your lifestyle. If you time stuff CDTs and stopwatches are nice. The exact features depending on whether you are timing a NASCAR race, a chemistry experiment or how long to roast your coffee...;-)

If you're doing outdoor things, compass/baro/thermo is handy.

If you need anywhere access to various 'data' something that records and displays that is great.

For me, it's really just time. I want accurate time and day/date. The features that enable that, for me, are solar and atomic. With those two features, the right display and a comfortable wear, I'm happy. Specifically, for me, that is a S/A Mudman 9010. Unbelievably comfortable with the "right" display, accurate, tough and "waterproof". What more could I want?

Ken

·
Registered
328 Posts
Okay, rereading that, I guess I REALLY need to list in order the things I like/want:

Comfortable to wear (for me, that is a large strap and light weight)
Accurate (atomic! Why pay some Swiss guy $1,000s to make a piece of machinery that will be ALMOST as good?)
Great display (day/date/time and easily readable - here I've decided digital beat analog - though I enjoy the looks of analog watches)
Low maintenance (waterproof/solar/tough)
Illumination (for the display, reading light brilliance is not required)

While these are in order, I don't have to choose between them and, having owned my Mudman, I never would.

Existing "features" I don't use or care about:

CDT
Stopwatch
Baro/Alti/Compass/Thermo
Rareness/collectability

Ken

·
Registered
403 Posts
+1 for solar/atomic. One of my G's is always my go-to watch when I know I have many appointments and deadlines on any given day. I save the automatics for the weekend when a few minutes or seconds shouldn't really matter b-)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
If it does not have to be a G-Shock, I would also highly recommend looking into the Protrek/Pathfinder series. Definitely the most feature-rich watches in the Casio family, and arguably in the watch world.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have gone through the same situation, wanting the most rich-featured G-shock. After all, I ended up being obsessed with DW-6900s.

+1 Riseman!

:p you don't need Riseman when you can have this:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
in my opinion,

- with atomic/solar: riseman GW-9200
- without atomic/solar: G-7710/7700 series

regards, holger

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Very subjective question. You need to determine what you are looking for in a watch, because there are so many choices. I like solar/atomic after that, it is mostly gravy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts