WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a lot of cool stuff that people have done to their G-Shocks on here, and was wondering if everyone could post their favorite mods.

Heres mine,

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I don't count only adding a different strap as a mod so that leaves me with three, here mine are (I'd say my stealth MB is my favorite).

GG changed to a Kermit with 5600 lime green band:

Dye job to swamp green of a GG band/bezel:

All black MB on low-light zulu:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
if just changing parts is considered a mod then I'll submit my GW-5000 in Ocean Gray. Moved over all the silver bits as well.
Never got around to blacking out the gold writing but may do that if I can source a spare ocean gray set for my ocean gray module. Don't want to get too destructive when I only have one.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I haven't modified any of my G-Shocks, but I nominate TraseUno's "stormtrooper" GA-100 mod.

b-)
Wow.. thanks mate. Tho i didn't do much to it except for a swap job. Well here are some of my prized mods to share.

The "StormTrooper" GA-100.
- Swapped a GA-100A-7A bezel and band over the GA-100-1A1.

The "War Machine" G-5600A-7.
- Negative display mod.
- Bezel and band dyed grey.

The "Crazy Summer" DW-5600CS-1.
- Swapped a DW-5600LC-4 bezel and band over the DW-5600CS-1.

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
if just changing parts is considered a mod then I'll submit my GW-5000 in Ocean Gray. Moved over all the silver bits as well.
Never got around to blacking out the gold writing but may do that if I can source a spare ocean gray set for my ocean gray module. Don't want to get too destructive when I only have one.
You should leave the gold writing. It's just the little touch, the counterpoint, that makes the watch perfect this way. Don't change a thing. :-!

Till

Reactions: Raf82

·
Registered
917 Posts
That mod looks great. How did you get the lettering by the 4 buttons black? Or is it still purple? Please tell:p
Thanks mate. It's one of my prized mods.. Though it was an easy project. I painted the letters black using acrylic paint. Its water soluble when wet.. but once it dries up its harder to remove.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yes it's pretty easy. There are 6 screws around the bezel.. and 2 spring bars that hold the straps. Unscrew all screws and remove the bezel by slowly peeling the bezel over the buttons and case and you have a naked case.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes it's pretty easy. There are 6 screws around the bezel.. and 2 spring bars that hold the straps. Unscrew all screws and remove the bezel by slowly peeling the bezel over the buttons and case and you have a naked case.
Cool ill try it. Just picked up the ga100a-7a and I like it better in person than the pics online. Also a DW-6900MS followed me home, I couldnt resistb-)

·
Registered
772 Posts
1 - 20 of 178 Posts