WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Looks great.

Question though - Did any 6600 come in a white case? Or did you use a 6900 case and swap the 6600 crystal into it?

Nice job either way

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Thanks sodamonkey.
Cristal swap.

Reactions: sodamonkey

·
Registered
624 Posts

↗Casioak with metal dress

↗Casioak with colored text on bezel

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow ... shout out to @Tetsu Tekubi ... I know I'm late to this thread, but that is some STELLAR stuff. You must work in a design/creative endeavor? Or you just have a great eye. Rarely do I see mods with such an astute focus on details, accents, and color-harmony. All expertly turned-out, too. Inspiring!

I've been eyeing that desert-camo resin strap for my GWG-1000 (I have the same model and, like you, already have the aftermarket yellow band for swapping) but keep being put off by the price. They keep going up and now cost roughly US$100 most places--which I always choke on when I remember it's just a couple pieces of plastic. But seeing your photos I may have to bite the bullet. (I also have adapters for the Mudmaster, which expands strap options considerably.)

Anyway, keep up the great work. Really enjoyed that browse.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Wow ... shout out to @Tetsu Tekubi ... I know I'm late to this thread, but that is some STELLAR stuff. You must work in a design/creative endeavor? Or you just have a great eye. Rarely do I see mods with such an astute focus on details, accents, and color-harmony. All expertly turned-out, too. Inspiring!

I've been eyeing that desert-camo resin strap for my GWG-1000 (I have the same model and, like you, already have the aftermarket yellow band for swapping) but keep being put off by the price. They keep going up and now cost roughly US$100 most places--which I always choke on when I remember it's just a couple pieces of plastic. But seeing your photos I may have to bite the bullet. (I also have adapters for the Mudmaster, which expands strap options considerably.)

Anyway, keep up the great work. Really enjoyed that browse.

View attachment 15826060
thanks man! appreciate the words 🙏 its nice to have the subtleties noticed. i always try for a cohesive look, even if it looks like clown vomit there's still some nuances that pull a piece together. unfortunately the ship of full time creative job that pays enough to support my family and my hobbies has long sailed so its just one that pays the bills now, but thats where creative outlets like this and sneaker customs have come in. plus i've always like colours 🌈🤩🌈

i had the same problem with that DC band and other others that seemed way too much for "just a different colour" but if you want help with the mental gymnastics on how to get past that, think of it as getting a whole new watch for the price of the band. the CF resin for the grey ranger was eye watering but it was far cheaper than buying the actual watch, same with the DC. tho the DC mod on the 1a3 looks better than the original imo 😉 if you can get it for around a hundy, its def. worth it since the whole watch is over $1k now! 😬

141 - 160 of 178 Posts