WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its all about the buyers taste but just wondering what the best gshocks to purchase at walmart. Im taking a trip there after the horse race and was wondering what to pick up. I think if im gonna be a collector I def have to pick up a classic, meaning the classic model thats around 40 or 50 bucks. Oh well just wondering what you avid collectors would get there.

And say I were to buy one at walmart I wouldnt get a nice box with it right?

·
Registered
132 Posts
It really all depends on what they stock. My local WalMart has all sorts of weird stuff that they don't have listed online...
But if you don't already have a DW5600, that'd be a good place to start, if they have one!

Also, not sure if your store has it, but my WalMart stocks the AWGM-100 in both the silver, and the black for $105, same price as most places online.
I have the NV navy-blue version, and I LOVE it, it'd be a great every-day watch.

And I just bought a G9000 at Sears today, and it came with all the boxes, the tin, warranty card, everything, so I'd assume WalMart would, too. The lady had to go fishing for it under the counter.

Reactions: Starting732

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
"Best" is a term only you can decide. Like already mentioned by another member, store shopping is sometimes based on luck. Some store stock more interesting watches, some got very little. Most common you can find are DW5600E basic square, G9052, GWM500, MTGM900, G2900, and G100. At Walmart, mostly come with only a paper box.

·
Premium Member
15,296 Posts
Yes, at Walmart, the basic "under $100" G is what you will find. That includes what watch_geek told you about.

On a side note I am sure WG mistyped the G9052, it should be a DW-9052.

BTW, the 9052, 5600E, and the 6900 all have the same features in a different case.

I personally bought the 5600E in the store and the 6900 off their website as my first two G-Shocks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It really all depends on what they stock. My local WalMart has all sorts of weird stuff that they don't have listed online...
But if you don't already have a DW5600, that'd be a good place to start, if they have one!

Also, not sure if your store has it, but my WalMart stocks the AWGM-100 in both the silver, and the black for $105, same price as most places online.
I have the NV navy-blue version, and I LOVE it, it'd be a great every-day watch.

And I just bought a G9000 at Sears today, and it came with all the boxes, the tin, warranty card, everything, so I'd assume WalMart would, too. The lady had to go fishing for it under the counter.
"Best" is a term only you can decide. Like already mentioned by another member, store shopping is sometimes based on luck. Some store stock more interesting watches, some got very little. Most common you can find are DW5600E basic square, G9052, GWM500, MTGM900, G2900, and G100. At Walmart, mostly come with only a paper box.
Good catch Rocat. Yes, it's DW, and how could I...missed the classic 6900!
On my way now. Think I'm going with the classic square. Thanks fellas. Love the advice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I def went with it. Was 48 bucks but im happy. I wanted to buy everything in the case lol
Let's do an attendance check:
- DW5600E, present.
- DW9052, present. Quite a lot of them, like 1/3 of the whole display!
- GWM500, present. Count 4.
- MTGM900, present.
- G2900, present.
- G100, present. Count 3, with 2 variations.
- DW6900, nope.

There are two in the back, I can't really tell what they're though.

BTW, congrad with the new watch!

·
Registered
993 Posts
What I have found is walmart carries the basic G,s at or under a hun.JC Penny is back in the G Shock game in a big way after they unloaded the last bone headed CEO and Re installed the previous one.picked up a g 9000 gulfie,black and blue gwm 500ba,and a gw 9010 mudman all last week at the albany ny penny,s.macy,s usually fills out the top tier in the G lineup and ended up with a GDX 6900 white tiger camo on the way out of town,not a bad days haul .

Cheers
John

·
Registered
36,363 Posts
Get whatever tickles you but DO NOT GET THE MTGM900, it is the worst G-Shock and I own over 80 of them.

Its near clone predesessor MTG-900

I have the predecessor to the M900 and wore it as a daily driver/beater for quite a long time. Look at it...beat up all to hell. You can't kill the darn thing, it keeps on running despite the abuse.

Been sitting in the sun on a window sill these last few years, neglected. Why?

Gotta be honest here....Of the over 80 G-Shocks I own, it is my least favorite.

The bracelet sucks. It feels cheap and flimsy, part plastic, part hollow link metal. Just plain junky.

Ugly, colors never have matched and it has only gotten uglier with wear and tear. The paint has worn off unevenly, the links are 4 clashingly different colors....beige, grey, dark grey and silver.

I hate it. But have to give it credit. It has never missed a second of time in all these years.

Still on original battery, never opened up. The auto-light still works brightly and it even sync'd itself last night so it is perfectly on time.

My automatics can't compete with that kind of quartz Casio accuracy. Too bad it looks like a wet mutt just in from a swim and feels like the worst Timex ever made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.