WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 38-41mm hand-wound dress watch (or semi-dress) that has a display case-back and a decently decorated movement. Right now, the leading contender is the Stowa Marine (Arabic, Black), but I'm also drooling over a Grand Seiko that's out of my price range and slightly (just slightly) too small at 36mm.

I'm sure I must be missing many great watches out there. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Grab Montblanc ultrathin heritage chronometrie for well under $2K and you are set
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Silver

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think anyone who can get a Grand Seiko should. Nothing else is as good and 1mm is a silly thing to turn it down for.

Failing that, Nomos is the obvious answer. Anything hand wound from them is a great watch, and except the Club is available in your price range.

I do like the Montblanc Heritage Ultra Thin too...

Or how about vintage? IWC Caliber 89 dress watches are amazing value. Or 1960s JLC manual winds? The vintage watches won't come with a display back though...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think anyone who can get a Grand Seiko should. Nothing else is as good and 1mm is a silly thing to turn it down for.

Failing that, Nomos is the obvious answer. Anything hand wound from them is a great watch, and except the Club is available in your price range.

I do like the Montblanc Heritage Ultra Thin too...

Or how about vintage? IWC Caliber 89 dress watches are amazing value. Or 1960s JLC manual winds? The vintage watches won't come with a display back though...
2mm

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said that was out of my price range.

While I appreciate Nomos, I've never really liked their style. Though the Orion 38 is pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
I'd go with a USED older Rolex or Tudor hand wound . My hand wound Tudor Air-Tiger gets a boat load of wrist time. One of my favorite watches. Also, you can find a clean Rolex hand winding below 2,000

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Still life photography Fashion accessory
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Reactions: Nietzsche_Darko

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm looking for a 38-41mm hand-wound dress watch (or semi-dress) that has a display case-back and a decently decorated movement. Right now, the leading contender is the Stowa Marine (Arabic, Black), but I'm also drooling over a Grand Seiko that's out of my price range and slightly (just slightly) too small at 36mm.

I'm sure I must be missing many great watches out there. What do you guys think?
I also like the Hamilton Marine, maybe you will too. https://blog.perpetuelle.com/watches/hamilton-khaki-navy-pioneer-watch-video/

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Armand Nicolet L10 could be a solid option. 40mm diameter, and I think 8mm thick. Exhibition caseback, a few different dial options, simple and elegant. I'm chasing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts