WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a question for you all: what watchmaker or particular watch has the best finished movement, in your opinion? Or, at least one that is well done?

I recently saw pictures of the A. Lange Datograph movement and found it stunning...and then I saw close-ups of Philippe Dufour's Simplicity.
The detail is nothing short of incredible:

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Close-up Jewellery

Photos from luxuryinsider.com

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Patek 3939A

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think any movement from ALS, PP and maybe JLC are amongst the top.
Of course, you have the Artisan made movements/decorated standard movements, that can be decorated to an incredibly igh degree, depending on the customers pocket.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Got to break a lance for the "local guys" here ...McGonigle watches from Ireland.
Very cool...I'm waiting on a Tuscar.
This post is filled with some of the finest finished movements on the planet, I love the Greubel Forsey, but afraid I will never be able to own one. Here is one of the finest finished watches I've had the pleasure to have held and what makes it so impressive is the way in which it is fabricated, one man, two hands and some ancient tools....

This bridge is hand polished for10 days or more...

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
867 Posts
I can just think of the young artisan's thought processes on looking at possible careers - "Pffft, I'm not going to work for those hacks in the jewelry workshop at Tiffany, I'm going to apply at Dornblueth" after looking at these watches!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.