WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have been getting lots of different straps the past two years. I will post some soon.
I made this post first to say that this topic is a very nice idea and also for a second reason.
I got my first "seat belt" type NATO with the thicker nicer better looking buckles and squared metal loops. I see the rest of my NATOs and find them too "cheap" and low quality to wear. Has anyone else felt the same?
Only bad thing I cannot find any of the new type with a rosegold buckle to fit with bronze watches.

On another note, many times the straps I buy for a specific watch I don't like in the end and they end up in a drawer. The greatest thing of all is that sometimes I get some of these straps and try them on different watches that normally I would never feel they would fit well together. Once in a while I get a combination that really works and it feels great. Latest one a DOM bauhaus style watch with an elastic french troops NATO with the new thick buckle. I had tried so many different straps on the DOM I was ready to pass it on, since I couldn't get anything I would wear more than once a year. But now I have been wearing it for days in a row and even swam with it (it's 5 Atm).

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Anyone had any joy with any good buckles or deployant clasps at all?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I've bought these which are pretty good.

#Aliexpress £4.27 6%OFF | High quality 18mm 20mm 22mm Fold Safety Clasp buckle Deployment Clasp

#Aliexpress £5.76 10%OFF | MAIKES New 18mm 20mm Watch Buckle Genuine Leather Watch Band 316L Stainless Steel Brushing Clasp No Logo Case For IWC Watchband

www.youtube.com/user/No1Viper

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've bought these which are pretty good.

#Aliexpress £4.27 6%OFF | High quality 18mm 20mm 22mm Fold Safety Clasp buckle Deployment Clasp

#Aliexpress £5.76 10%OFF | MAIKES New 18mm 20mm Watch Buckle Genuine Leather Watch Band 316L Stainless Steel Brushing Clasp No Logo Case For IWC Watchband

www.youtube.com/user/No1Viper

I have to second the Maikes buckles, I’ve got 3 of them (sorry, I was just thinking clasps!). The tang fits its slot in the buckle perfectly, very solid and secure units.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
WOCCI Watch Band 18mm 20mm 22mm Full Grain Leather Strap

WOCCI Watch Strap 18mm 20mm 22mm Full Grain Leather Watch Band

This strap is the best I've found on Ali so far. For $25 I think you'd have a hard time beating this one anywhere. It's obviously hand stitched and the leather is decent quality and definitely appears to be full grain as advertised. There's quite a bit of hand detailing on this strap you just won't find on anything comparable in price. Doesn't look or feel cheap. Whatever mid-layer material they are using provides the right amount of flex and stiffness. The backing material appears to be leather as well, but looks and feels like decent quality whatever it's made from. I have a 7" wrist and I'm on the 3rd hole with 5 to go, so it should fit a pretty wide range of wrist sizes. It measures somewhere close to 75/115mm. Thickness is about 3.25mm which suits my Tisell Explorer perfectly. Should work fine for a dress watch as well. I wouldn't put it up against some of the $100 straps I've bought, but I think it's considerably better than the $50 ones you get from Hirch and other mass produced ones. It came well packaged in a decent little box with 4 springbars and a tool.

I ordered this back on April 17 and just got it today, so shipping is about par for the course for Ali stuff going by way of China post.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Arrived after a little over two weeks. Not bad considering our current situation.

Beafiry watch band.

Put in on my Ratio Diver. Liking it! For folks in a rush, Amazon also sells a similar one for a couple of dollars more.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks @No1VIPER, the buckles look good but I was after a clasp that would go on rubber or leather, would that one work or is it just for a steel bracelet?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any experience on genuine croc straps on Ali? Looking for 19mm... A few are there, for example the Mailed, but I have no idea on the quality or if they are really real.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(7) plus met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Any experience on genuine croc straps on Ali? Looking for 19mm... A few are there, for example the Mailed, but I have no idea on the quality or if they are really real.

I bought the croc from the link in the OP. I am happy with it. You can get entry-level croc for about $15-20. I'm confident it's genuine croc. I've seen a bunch of sellers that sell similar ones, probably using the same supplier. All have the 'circular' croc pattern (cheaper than bamboo), and aren't particularly thick. Nothing outstanding about the strap quality, but it's well made and feels good.

There are sellers that sell faux croc. If it's 'genuine leather' in stead of genuine croc/alligator, I'd be suspicious. Also anything sub-$15 is prob faux. I've seen a couple real croc for £11 but anything below that is surely faux.

I've been interested in some 'bamboo' croc straps. But they tend to be $40+.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought the croc from the link in the OP. I am happy with it. You can get entry-level croc for about $15-20. I'm confident it's genuine croc. I've seen a bunch of sellers that sell similar ones, probably using the same supplier. All have the 'circular' croc pattern (cheaper than bamboo), and aren't particularly thick. Nothing outstanding about the strap quality, but it's well made and feels good.

There are sellers that sell faux croc. If it's 'genuine leather' in stead of genuine croc/alligator, I'd be suspicious. Also anything sub-$15 is prob faux. I've seen a couple real croc for £11 but anything below that is surely faux.

I've been interested in some 'bamboo' croc straps. But they tend to be $40+.
Thanks John! This one was already in my wish list. Great to read you have experience with it. Definitely worth a shot for twenty bucks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
WOCCI Watch Band 18mm 20mm 22mm Full Grain Leather Strap

WOCCI Watch Strap 18mm 20mm 22mm Full Grain Leather Watch Band

This strap is the best I've found on Ali so far. For $25 I think you'd have a hard time beating this one anywhere. It's obviously hand stitched and the leather is decent quality and definitely appears to be full grain as advertised. There's quite a bit of hand detailing on this strap you just won't find on anything comparable in price. Doesn't look or feel cheap. Whatever mid-layer material they are using provides the right amount of flex and stiffness. The backing material appears to be leather as well, but looks and feels like decent quality whatever it's made from. I have a 7" wrist and I'm on the 3rd hole with 5 to go, so it should fit a pretty wide range of wrist sizes. It measures somewhere close to 75/115mm. Thickness is about 3.25mm which suits my Tisell Explorer perfectly. Should work fine for a dress watch as well. I wouldn't put it up against some of the $100 straps I've bought, but I think it's considerably better than the $50 ones you get from Hirch and other mass produced ones. It came well packaged in a decent little box with 4 springbars and a tool.

I ordered this back on April 17 and just got it today, so shipping is about par for the course for Ali stuff going by way of China post.
Just bought an 18mm wocci with the same style of clasp for 6GBP (after sale + 4gbp coupon currently active on amazon) because of how nice it looks in this post.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I should probably add that the Wocci straps described as full grain are nicer than the others. I have since received a few of their nubuck straps. For the price they are quite good, but not as good as the full grained ones. They don’t look quite as good and are rather limp compared to the full grain ones that are firmer and conform to your wrist after a few wears.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Wocci sells full grain quick release and full grain non-quick release. On Amazon it would appear the quick release are cheaper. Any one have experience with the QR ones? Any good? Is the $7 a band for non-QR worth it? (Currently regular band has 4$ off coupon so difference is now only $3)

Example:
QR
WOCCI Quick Release Watch Band 20mm - Full Grain Leather Watch Straps Black with Taper Buckle | Amazon.com

Non-QR

41 - 60 of 756 Posts