WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

26141 - 26160 of 27219 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I couldn't find anything in this regard for German customs...yet. Any German buyers that had to pay custom and/or taxes on the fictional price?
Normally I receive the watches in Germany directly at home. I always use the cheapest shipping method. Only my Proxima was stopped directly from the post office, not from customs. They sent me a letter and asked me to provide the bill via mail what I did. Some days later the watch arrived with the announcement that custom bill will arrive later. Already Calculated on the documents I sent them, no fantasy price. This is weeks ago but nothing arrived yet. The calculation was below 30 Euro.

·
Registered
283 Posts
so after I found myself liking this so much, I went to AliX and looked at the Addies versions since they are similar quality, just slightly cheaper...or so I thought. I couldn't find one under ~$120...what happened?
Here is where I got mine:

Mind you, I have the first gen, no lume on the dial, but pretty decent lume on the hands and indices.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don’t think it will take long for AliExpress venders to start lowering their “retail” prices to reasonable numbers, especially if sales start dropping off. It took them less than 6 months to start shipping to the US via 3rd countries like Thailand, Azerbaijan, and Singapore to get around the Trump Tariffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Have you replaced the clasp on a Steeldive bracelet?

The bracelet I bought from Steeldive for my "Oris 65" has a horrible pressed clasp, so I want to get a better clasp.

I think I remember a few people on here said they had replaced Steeldive clasps with a nicer one from AliExpress. Is this the one?

Yeah I always replace them, on all of my Steeldive watches.

This is where I get mine from:

- 18mm on the Steeldive Submariner homage.

- 20mm on the SKX homage.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you replaced the clasp on a Steeldive bracelet?

The bracelet I bought from Steeldive for my "Oris 65" has a horrible pressed clasp, so I want to get a better clasp.

I think I remember a few people on here said they had replaced Steeldive clasps with a nicer one from AliExpress. Is this the one?

Yes. This is the one I bought and which is recommended by various YTbers.

·
Registered
283 Posts
At an exorbitant and outrageous true cost, just as it is here in the U.K.; it's as true as that "free" POS nato thrown in with almost every watch deal these days to make the deal, erm, sweeter..........

Cheerz,

Alan
Just like Canada.
We have a two tier system, the free one here, and the US one for real service!!!🤣

·
Registered
444 Posts
At an exorbitant and outrageous true cost, just as it is here in the U.K.; it's as true as that "free" POS nato thrown in with almost every watch deal these days to make the deal, erm, sweeter..........

Cheerz,

Alan
Through taxation we pay less per capita in the UK for healthcare than nearly any other developed nation. It's not exorbitant at all and something I'm happy to pay for through taxes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Through taxation we pay less per capita in the UK for healthcare than nearly any other developed nation. It's not exorbitant at all and something I'm happy to pay for through taxes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Of course, if cost is your only criteria, go on and take your chances with the NHS, if for actual real healthcare, I'd steer very clear, it is NOT the NHS of the pre 1990s ..........

Cheerz,

Alan

·
Registered
549 Posts
What the EU members need to start showing is the road repairs, pre-natal care, broken bones that they repaired with their latest Aliex purchase. Sort of a cross-marketing concept.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
What the EU members need to start showing is the road repairs, pre-natal care, broken bones that they repaired with their latest Aliex purchase. Sort of a cross-marketing concept.
Lol, transparency yeah right. I'll leave that here...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
From my experience living in both western Europe and the USA: if you have the money, products/services are slightly better in the US (though costs can be exponentially higher), and income taxes on the higher end are lower. If you don't have money, you're kinda [email protected] in the USA. I know a UK family that moved back to the UK recently because they're old and their healthcare insurance bills were getting insane.

26141 - 26160 of 27219 Posts