WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Best of Ali-Xpress?

7102119 Views 39033 Replies 1528 Participants Last post by  JojX
Hey guys,

So I have been reading up and I know a lot of you guys are sourcing Ali-Xpress for cheap/affordable watches, either homage watches or just something out of the ordinary but with an OK building quality.

I have been looking around on Express but I really don't know where to start looking just because of the sheer amount of watches they offer.

So, please share with us your best founds or purchases on Express so we know where to start looking for a nice, very affordable watch on Express.
Everything is allowed, quartz, mechanical, analog, digital you name it. It just has to be a good watch for an average WUS'er.

Looking forward to your treasure finds!!

Cheers!
Reactions: 5
35421 - 35440 of 39034 Posts
I have the dark blue version and it is a nice dial, colour from the photos is fairly accurate, actually looks better in real life and the lume is okay (not bad, not great). Have it mounted on a movement and hands applied, but waiting for case components or would post a photo.
Reactions: 2
I have the dark blue version and it is a nice dial, colour from the photos is fairly accurate, actually looks better in real life and the lume is okay (not bad, not great). Have it mounted on a movement and hands applied, but waiting for case components or would post a photo.
I am very interested in this project. Please keep me posted.
Not very popular (only Gary has a YT review IIRC) but WAY nicer in person than in the pics...and titanium makes it featherlight.
The movement hacks and it's less noisy than your average Miyota 82xx ....72$ during the sale. Can't go wrong at that price, i certainly would not have paid the current 140$.
Lume is funny as the whole minute track is lumed, hands are decent too. Oh...and really nice leather strap.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wood

Watch Watch accessory Clock Rectangle Analog watch
See less See more
I really want the blue and PVD gold. All I have to do is put the money in the bank and order it. I'll never miss the money.

Since it's Saturday. It'll give me all day Sunday to think about it. Come Monday and it's mine.
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
My first, and still my most impressive, AE purchase.
Officially Certified Superlative Chronometer for $57.00?!!!
Question is - why haven't you got one yet?
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
See less See more
Reactions: 3
A quick follow-up incase anyone was interested; short story:

•bought an item with free return,
•wasn’t 100% happy with the item (nothing wrong with it tho),
•organised return & refund with the seller, raised dispute to get the free shipping label,
•after I posted it back, Ali rejected the dispute,
•I supplied screenshots of the conversation with the seller as evidence (which I’d made sure was watertight, including photos etc in our conversation),
•Ali still rejected, and closed the case
•I was seriously pissed!

Through all of that I kept up polite contact with the seller, who actually held up their end of the bargain and initiated a refund (through Ali) which cleared a few days later.

So… Success!

So, here’s a messed up situation, what should I do?! Not a watch, but could still happen to anyone:

•Bought an item with a ‘free return’ period.
•item was a bit larger in real life than I’d expected.
•I contacted the seller and told them, they said they would be happy for me to return it, just open a dispute, select the free return option, print out the prepaid post label and send it back.
•Followed their instructions, free return accepted, postage label printed, item posted off last week.
•just got an email from Ali saying “your reason for returning is invalid, we have ruled you get a refund of $ZERO. Case closed. Have a nice day.

…WTF???
Contact Ali customer service. Show them the screenshot of your conversion with the seller. There should be chat available and its the quickest way.
Sorry to hear that.
I too went though something similar, but on eBay. So it's not the platform per se, but other things.
I learned the hard way that many (Chinese) sellers are far more clever than me in rigging the system.

So now, I don't return. Too risky: Lose the thing AND the money (at least, the Return Shipping cost).

Now, I just ask for a partial refund and/or, resell it.
I'm wondering what it means exactly : is this that you dealt with the seller so it's ok (the seller will take care of you) , thus they close the case ? Or will this bother you ?
Going by the timeline/status bar, it looks like it was handed over to Ali to manage…

Would a seller be able to refund if Ali has closed the case? I believe Ali holds all the funds and passes them on when the transaction is complete, so (and this is just from my ignorant understanding), a seller would have to go out on a limb and pay me outside of the Ali framework… I can’t image many sellers being willing to do that!
Looks like it's over :( But did you send back the product ? Maybe i misunderstood but I thought you did, and thus after receiving the wrong one the seller could then send you an ok one (?)
One seller did once for me so this is possible, sometimes.
Yes, sent it back last week, followed the tracking and it has been delivered (to an address here in AUS, I assume a local consolidation warehouse ).

I got a message from the seller late last night saying they’d look into it with Ali and would make sure I get the refund either way, so let’s see
See less See more
  • Sad
thank you so much :ROFLMAO:
but what if you look at it again after 10 minutes but the minute hand moved only 5?
Glasses Vision care Beard Jaw Eyewear

How can you know it moved only 5 unless you have your 65mm atomic G strapped to your other wrist to make sure??? In that case I would shake my wrist in a closed fist, up and down motion to speed it up. Old swiss trick.

I figured you were probably joking, but I sold a two hand quartz not too long ago where the individual asked if I had sent it with a working battery or not. When I gave him that info, Voilà! It was up and running. Great buyer though, definitely must have had a moment of panic when he thought it wasn't working.
See less See more
View attachment 16796674
How can you know it moved only 5 unless you have your 65mm atomic G strapped to your other wrist to make sure??? In that case I would shake my wrist in a closed fist, up and down motion to speed it up. Old swiss trick.

I figured you were probably joking, but I sold a two hand quartz not too long ago where the individual asked if I had sent it with a working battery or not. When I gave him that info, Voilà! It was up and running. Great buyer though, definitely must have had a moment of panic when he thought it wasn't working.
(y)
but seriously i DO NEED seconds hand (or anything which moves in every second) on ANY watch
(y)
but seriously i DO NEED seconds hand (or anything which moves in every second) on ANY watch
Daniel Wellington has been selling Bauhaus, minimalist watches for years without second hands, to disguise they are selling $20 Chinese quartz watches for $145 to $200+.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock
See less See more
which movement are they using ?
Put together from Ali parts:
Watch Analog watch Azure Fashion Rectangle
Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Rectangle
Hand Rectangle Finger Wrist Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Plant Clock Watch accessory
Electric blue Engineering Circle Font Metal

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

The good:
  • the overall feel of the watch
  • the movement (nh35)
  • case finishing
  • bracelet (star of the show)
The bad:
  • the dial (crooked index @3)
  • the lume (very weak and unevenly distributed, they forgot the 9 o’clock baton)
  • the size (why not 40 or even 39???)

Thinking of modding it with the white chapter ring, some sort of diy dial with the stone-like structural paint and fat hands. Less of an AP and more of a frankenweirdo.

Attachments

See less See more
Put together from Ali parts:
View attachment 16797433
I think it came out pretty damn good. I don't much care, one way or the other, about lume. Nothing I do requires it and it has never been a factor for me when buying a watch. The 3 o'clock index being crooked is a bummer, true enough. Think it would be possible to remount it?

Love the sterile dial though, and overall, I like what you have done.
I think it came out pretty damn good. I don't much care, one way or the other, about lume. Nothing I do requires it and it has never been a factor for me when buying a watch. The 3 o'clock index being crooked is a bummer, true enough. Think it would be possible to remount it?

Love the sterile dial though, and overall, I like what you have done.

Thank you. Yeah, the lume is not my priority either but I’d rather it was either even or absent. The crooked index doesnt bother me either. It’s the size I’m not happy with. And with that bracelet it feels even greater. Presence some say ;)
Thank you. Yeah, the lume is not my priority either but I’d rather it was either even or absent. The crooked index doesnt bother me either. It’s the size I’m not happy with. And with that bracelet it feels even greater. Presence some say ;)
I like some 'presence', but I have a 8.25in (21cm) wrist, so I generally shop for watches in the 42mm-45mm range. I can get away with wearing a fifty, if the lugs are not ridiculous.
(y)
Take a Bauhaus with small second then:
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Found this one, but for the price I think it's too good to be true: 40mm Flieger Type B with Seiko VH31 sweeping second movement, sapphire crystal (!) and titanium case (!!) for less than $70!?!

Comes in a variety of dial colors, including full lume white dial:

See less See more
Found this one, but for the price I think it's too good to be true: 40mm Flieger Type B with Seiko VH31 sweeping second movement, sapphire crystal (!) and titanium case (!!) for less than $70!?!

Interesting, a German style flieger with what appears to a Lockheed P38 Lightning on the caseback!

Still, looks like a nice watch and really good value for money at that price.
  • Haha

Nice find! Love the specs for the price. Can't decide if I want the full lume white or the green one.
Reactions: 2
The University of Texas looking burnt orange is nice. I'd enjoy seeing them include a red or ruby colored dial.

I need a red.
35421 - 35440 of 39034 Posts