WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
35541 - 35560 of 35737 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Never watched or have seen, "WR4K".
Still, never heard of the guy.
Because despite 116k subs, he only gets maybe a dozen comments per video. He paid for subscribers, comment bots, pretty much does every dodgy YouTube exploit you can imagine.

And if this is the same guy (which it looks like it is), and those articles are correct, he also has a history of racism, heavy trolling, getting involved in prostitution..

Seeing Gary’s screenshots of WR4K messages, I think this man is not right in the head.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just wanted to post here, a note of thanks to a WUS member who thought me (in this thread) to track this Phylida watch. I have been tracking this for a while now and it keeps being out of stock. Today, finally managed to click "buy" when I saw it available. It's now out of stock, again. Just wanted to register a note of thanks. I tried to search through past pages but this thread moves so fast that I couldn't find the poster. But thanks! You know who you are.
View attachment 16808022
Congrats! I regularly stalk the Phylida Tintin Speedmaster Alix sales page. It's always out of stock 😢

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Because despite 116k subs, he only gets maybe a dozen comments per video. He paid for subscribers, comment bots, pretty much does every dodgy YouTube exploit you can imagine.

And if this is the same guy (which it looks like it is), and those articles are correct, he also has a history of racism, heavy trolling, getting involved in prostitution..

Seeing Gary’s screenshots of WR4K messages, I think this man is not right in the head.
Throw in money laundering too. I've noticed this isn't the sub group of watches enthusiasts, for which to spite.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
This guy?

Hard to believe if true!!

Apparently he's super butthurt that San Martin stopped sending him free watches to review.

It would be the ultimate irony if his channel was deleted for multiple complaints.

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
Escape Wheel Watch Reviews - terminated by YouTube

Somebody is also trying to get rid of Gary's channels at I Like Watches & I Like Watches 2 for posting San Martin reviews, and calling them fakes. Gary thinks this is all the same person who attacked Jody at Just One More Watch, and had content deleted from The Time Teller (Jory Goodman). He keeps reporting homage reviews as trademark violations.
BWOAH! That sucks! You’re right, probably same person.

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
I Like Watches 2 community posts contains the answers…

this guy has been banned off WUS almost a dozen times, got multiple big channels deleted (like JOMW), and has a colourful background with trolling.

His current channel is Watch Reviews 4K (WR4K) which I always thought was a scumbag based on fake comments & subs etc
Maybe this WR4K guy needs a taste of his own medicine?

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
Congratulations. Can you tell me how did you track it?
No probs. At that page, there’s a heart shaped like/follow button which puts it in your “Wish list” and turn on notifications. I get push mails from Ali Express but a lot of times I am too slow and it’s sold out when I get round to it. This time, I logged on straightaway when I saw the email. Surprised that it was only two left when I logged on, so I bought it straight away. I think putting it on an App on your phone is faster too. I use desktop.

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
I watch JOMW and I like Watches 2. Never watched or have seen, "WR4K".

Half of my subscriptions are watch themed. Still, never heard of the guy.
Ditto

I watch them both too. But I prefer Jody for his theatrical side and he’s enjoyable to watch.

Besides, Jody is a member here too. He lurks but doesn’t post much. I think he get ideas for his content.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No probs. At that page, there’s a heart shaped like/follow button which puts it in your “Wish list” and turn on notifications. I get push mails from Ali Express but a lot of times I am too slow and it’s sold out when I get round to it. This time, I logged on straightaway when I saw the email. Surprised that it was only two left when I logged on, so I bought it straight away. I think putting it on an App on your phone is faster too. I use desktop.
All three types of Speedys were in stock today. The regular Speedy Moonwatch, Tin-Tin, and the reverse panda Speedy Tuesday. I have all 3 types in my cart and it regularly goes in and out of stock all the time. I thought about buying it, but I'm not a huge fan of choreograph watch and PD quartz Speedy is plenty for me. I trust Seiko quartz movement over ST19 mechanical.

The Speedy Tuesday reverse panda is still in stock at the moment if someone wants it.

198.0US $ 40% OFF|PHYLIDA 40mm Reverse Panda Dial ST19 Mechanical Chronograph Stop Watch Classic Speedy Wristwatch Men's Watch 1st Anniversary| | - AliExpress

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Ditto

I watch them both too. But I prefer Jody for his theatrical side and he’s enjoyable to watch.

Besides, Jody is a member here too. He lurks but doesn’t post much. I think he get ideas for his content.
Most definitely. It's our conversations that drive the YouTube content.

I feel they make those videos as an invite into the hobby.

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts

That’s bad

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
All three types of Speedys were in stock today. The regular Speedy Moonwatch, Tin-Tin, and the reverse panda Speedy Tuesday. I have all 3 types in my cart and it regularly goes in and out of stock all the time. I thought about buying it, but I'm not a huge fan of choreograph watch and PD quartz Speedy is plenty for me. I trust Seiko quartz movement over ST19 mechanical.

The Speedy Tuesday reverse panda is still in stock at the moment if someone wants it.

198.0US $ 40% OFF|PHYLIDA 40mm Reverse Panda Dial ST19 Mechanical Chronograph Stop Watch Classic Speedy Wristwatch Men's Watch 1st Anniversary| | - AliExpress
Thanks! What’s the diff between the three you mentioned? The Moonwatch homage, Tintin and Reverse Panda? I thought it was only the one in the pic that I posted.

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
Most definitely. It's our conversations that drive the YouTube content.

I feel they make those videos as an invite into the hobby.
Yeah, most definitely all YouTubers and watch writers scour the WUS thread for new content. The funniest is that when Rolex released the GMT Master BLNR in jubilee and I called it the Batgirl here in the Rolex thread and the next thing you know, it’s been called the Batgirl by the major publications

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks! What’s the diff between the three you mentioned? The Moonwatch homage, Tintin and Reverse Panda? I thought it was only the one in the pic that I posted.
Speedy Tuesday - True Story About The New Speedmaster Racing

Why Did My Omega Speedmaster Tintin Increase 431% In Value?

Speedmaster

The Official Speedy Tuesday Page

Speedy Tuesday was limited edition created by Omega because of Speedy Tuesday community started by Robert-Jan of Fratello.

TinTin was tribute to fictional lunar explorer published in 1950 which featured rocket with red and white checker paintwork.

Both TinTin and Speedy Tuesday models are now collectibles.

35541 - 35560 of 35737 Posts