WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
35561 - 35580 of 35737 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey guys! Just wanted to Pop in and say hello.
it's been a crazy busy day today, arriving at Disney this morning to spend the day (and my entire wallet) celebrating my baby Girl turning 6 years old....only to realize my other baby, my 2 year old, 5K subscriber channel, has been terminated with little or no way to get it back.
I have been in contact with Gary, I have contacted and appealed the termination to Youtube.

I think it's just a sit-and-wait thing now.

I will be back, whether it's with the original channel, or the new one.

Just wanted to drop in, say "I'm doing OK", and say Thank you to everyone that has reached out in support for me and the channel. THIS is why I started doing these reviews. the Watch community, especially the ones that love a good Homage, are freakin' amazing.
Thanks! and I'll be seeing you soon!

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
Hey guys! Just wanted to Pop in and say hello.
it's been a crazy busy day today, arriving at Disney this morning to spend the day (and my entire wallet) celebrating my baby Girl turning 6 years old....only to realize my other baby, my 2 year old, 5K subscriber channel, has been terminated with little or no way to get it back.
I have been in contact with Gary, I have contacted and appealed the termination to Youtube.

I think it's just a sit-and-wait thing now.

I will be back, whether it's with the original channel, or the new one.

Just wanted to drop in, say "I'm doing OK", and say Thank you to everyone that has reached out in support for me and the channel. THIS is why I started doing these reviews. the Watch community, especially the ones that love a good Homage, are freakin' amazing.
Thanks! and I'll be seeing you soon!
Happy birthday to your baby girl 6 years old! I am sure she'll enjoy her time in the Disney theme park.

On the other note, I do sincerely hope that you get your channel back. It's annoying that it can get terminated for nary a reason. All the best! (y)

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am subscribed to loads of watch channels on youtube, and I had no idea that WR4K had a bad reputation. A few weeks ago, he made a video celebrating 100,000 subscribers, which is clearly an incredibly high number. I wrote "congratulations" as a comment, not realising there was a controversy, and that many of those subscribers may be fake.

Not long after I got a message saying, to my surprise, that I had won a prize, and he asked for my address which (perhaps naively) I gave to him. Fortunately, he was true to his word, and the following week I received a really good quality polo shirt with the WR4K logo. I was asked to send back a photo of it, because he had been accused in the past of his giveaways being fake. This one, at least, was real.

Watch Analog watch Jersey Sleeve Clock

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried watching a few WR4K reviews and his false way of speaking made him impossible to watch. As an Englishman I find his accent is normal (if a little drony) but he uses 'posh' termnology constantly (such as the silly over-use of 'one') to make himself seem smart and to me it just sounds awful and blatantly fake - bit like a toff trying to sound 'gor blimey'. Unwatchable to me, so interesting to see that isn't the only way he is fake. Bearing in mind how much of YouTube is dangerously fake it is ironic that they target honest watch reviewers of homage watches.

·
Registered
17,373 Posts
Tried watching a few WR4K reviews and his false way of speaking made him impossible to watch. As an Englishman I find his accent is normal (if a little drony) but he uses 'posh' termnology constantly (such as the silly over-use of 'one') to make himself seem smart and to me it just sounds awful and blatantly fake - bit like a toff trying to sound 'gor blimey'. Unwatchable to me, so interesting to see that isn't the only way he is fake. Bearing in mind how much of YouTube is dangerously fake it is ironic that they target honest watch reviewers of homage watches.
Not being English, all that was lost on me.
I myself always liked his reviews for being so to-the-point, and not wasting time with slow unboxing, and other irrelevant bs.

I would be very disappointed if it turns out he is indeed a villain.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Not being English, all that was lost on me.
I myself always liked his reviews for being so to-the-point, and not wasting time with slow unboxing, and other irrelevant bs.

I would be very disappointed if it turns out he is indeed a villain.
British accents can be quite indicative of class (think My Fair Lady), and someone pretending to be more educated, or from a wealthier background (posh), is often frowned upon. Similarly, if a gentleman who went to Eaton and Oxford (a toff), starts trying to imitate a lower-class Cockney accent, he would come across as a poser, like a kid from the American suburbs trying to sound Hip-Hop/Gansta.

I tend to believe Gary, and the other forum members who have commented here, although I have no personal experience with WR4K. There seems to be a lot of evidence.

·
Premium Member
45,478 Posts
As an Aussie and very used to English accents but I still found his accent unbearable to the ears. I would take a brummie or a scouser any time. LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
And if this is the same guy (which it looks like it is), and those articles are correct, he also has a history of racism, heavy trolling, getting involved in prostitution.
Let's not forget scamming people on Kickstarter in that list with the redialled Vostoks under the McManus Watches brand name.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The Tactical Frog Tudor FXD homage is on Aliexpress

1,Brand:Tactical Frog
2,Model:FXD
3,Japan Automatic Movement
4,Dial Color:Black,Blue,Green
5,Sapphire Mirror With AR-Coating
6,Case Material:Solid Titanium Alloy
7,Unidirectional Rotation Chronograph Ceramic Bezel
8,Crown Material:Solid Titanium
9,Crown:Screw-Down Waterproof Crown
10,Nylon Strap Strap
11,Luminous:C3 Super Luminous
12,Back:Screw-Down Waterproof Back
13,Water Resistant:200m
14,Case Diameter:41mm
15,Case Thickness:12mm
16,Strap Width:20mm

199.0US $ 50% OFF|Tactical Frog Mens Diver Watches Automatic Watch Titanium Mechanical Wristwatch Military 200M Waterproof Luminous Ceramic Bezel| | - AliExpress

Note: The seller has poor feedback at 91.0%

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle

Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font Emblem Electric blue

Watch Analog watch Automotive tire Clock Tire

Watch Automotive tire Clock Watch accessory Rim

Clock Window Musical instrument accessory Peripheral Gadget

Watch Clock Material property Watch accessory Font

Watch Watch accessory Clock Gesture Font

Sunglasses Watch Analog watch Goggles Watch accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
The Tactical Frog Tudor FXD homage is on Aliexpress

1,Brand:Tactical Frog
2,Model:FXD
3,Japan Automatic Movement
4,Dial Color:Black,Blue,Green
5,Sapphire Mirror With AR-Coating
6,Case Material:Solid Titanium Alloy
7,Unidirectional Rotation Chronograph Ceramic Bezel
8,Crown Material:Solid Titanium
9,Crown:Screw-Down Waterproof Crown
10,Nylon Strap Strap
11,Luminous:C3 Super Luminous
12,Back:Screw-Down Waterproof Back
13,Water Resistant:200m
14,Case Diameter:41mm
15,Case Thickness:12mm
16,Strap Width:20mm

199.0US $ 50% OFF|Tactical Frog Mens Diver Watches Automatic Watch Titanium Mechanical Wristwatch Military 200M Waterproof Luminous Ceramic Bezel| | - AliExpress

Note: The seller has poor feedback at 91.0%

View attachment 16812208
View attachment 16812210
View attachment 16812223
View attachment 16812224
View attachment 16812225
View attachment 16812227
View attachment 16812228
View attachment 16812233
View attachment 16812234
View attachment 16812235
View attachment 16812236
View attachment 16812237
The green one doesn't look very green in these pictures. There's no red dial version for sale yet, and that was the looker. Any information on scratch protective coatings for the titanium?

35561 - 35580 of 35737 Posts