WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Best of Ali-Xpress?

8M views 45K replies 2K participants last post by  BanBolski 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have been reading up and I know a lot of you guys are sourcing Ali-Xpress for cheap/affordable watches, either homage watches or just something out of the ordinary but with an OK building quality.

I have been looking around on Express but I really don't know where to start looking just because of the sheer amount of watches they offer.

So, please share with us your best founds or purchases on Express so we know where to start looking for a nice, very affordable watch on Express.
Everything is allowed, quartz, mechanical, analog, digital you name it. It just has to be a good watch for an average WUS'er.

Looking forward to your treasure finds!!

Cheers!

#26,165 ·
Has anyone purchased this Bliger Explorer II? Is it really 40 mm diameter as advertised?

Thanks!
Nicolas
I have been tempted multiple times....it should be 40mm since it's just a GMT master with a steel/aluminum 24 hour insert. Bezel still rotates.

But I have a feeling this is as close as any of us are going to get to a true 40mm Polar Explorer Homage.

I'm searching for a nice 40mm case to drop this dial and hands into. Coming up empty other than buying a rep as a donor

#26,166 ·
$5 buys you junk - I know, I've tried it. Occasionally, you can find something acceptable for $20, if you're really careful, and I bought an incredible watch for $30.

1. No alloy cases, UNLESS that alloy is Tungsten (it happens in listings).
2. No Chinese quartz, if possible.
3. If you see a picture where the caseback says "STEEL BACK", that means the case is pot metal, brass, or a zinc alloy.
4. If the watch has no brushed surfaces, and everything has a shiny, chrome-like finish, it's most likely an alloy case.
5. With a $5 watch, there is usually a race between the the movement stopping, the case finish deteriorating, the strap disintegrating, and you're own temptation to chuck it in the bin, because it feels so cheap..\

I did buy a $10 watch off eBay a few years back, but it was one of those unicorn deals I found in an Affordables deals thread. Gearbest had sold the same watch for $72, and the eBay seller kept playing games until I threatened to file a complaint.

#26,167 ·
Yes, that seems to be the new policy. I cannot imagine it lasting long, though. People will just stop buying stuff.
Well, isn't that the point? They want you to buy ONLY EU goods, and are making everything else too expensive to import. At some point, the World Trade Organization may step in, because it seems like a fairly obvious, protectionist trade policy.

#26,168 ·
At an exorbitant and outrageous true cost, just as it is here in the U.K.; it's as true as that "free" POS nato thrown in with almost every watch deal these days to make the deal, erm, sweeter..........

Cheerz,

Alan
The US doesn't have single-payer healthcare, and we have the highest healthcare costs in the world.

#26,169 ·
That's some advanced b*s, in what world are you taxed on a fictitious price instead of the price you pay?
I mean there is SOME logic behind it. I could sell you a $1000 watch for $10 and then you pay the remaining amount in other ways. We show the $10 transaction to the customs and there's nothing they could ever do. Similar with shipping when people say it shouldn't be taxed. I could mark the watch as $10 value and $990 for shipping.

The issue is that they should apply common sense but it's easier not to and just look up "retail price". My country has always had this rule but it is very rarely applied, I've never had problems with it.

#26,171 ·
I mean there is SOME logic behind it. I could sell you a $1000 watch for $10 and then you pay the remaining amount in other ways. We show the $10 transaction to the customs and there's nothing they could ever do. Similar with shipping when people say it shouldn't be taxed. I could mark the watch as $10 value and $990 for shipping.

The issue is that they should apply common sense but it's easier not to and just look up "retail price". My country has always had this rule but it is very rarely applied, I've never had problems with it.
Honestly I can't remember ever having problems (or even contact for that matter) with the customs on aliX purchases.
My rule of thumb is do avoid dhl, FedEx and the like and choose the cheaper - and way slower - Chinese shipping instead.
They usually import it via Liege into europe. Takes forever, but I never got an custom invoice that I can remember :eek:

#26,172 ·
I could mark the watch as $10 value and $990 for shipping.
I don't think they would allow this. It's not like they don't know all the loopholes.

Chinese sellers used to do this many yers ago on eBay.
Ebay caught on, and changed their policy (for whatever) to include TOTAL $$$ spent.

#26,173 ·

Everything is included in the price taken in consideration, retail price before discounts, shipping, insurance, storage etc.

Στάλθηκε από το Pixel 4a μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

#26,175 ·
Has anyone purchased this Bliger Explorer II? Is it really 40 mm diameter as advertised?

Thanks!
Nicolas
You can buy the cases in 40mm and 43mm and they sell complete watches in 40mm and 43mm.

#26,176 ·
#26,177 ·
I have been tempted multiple times....it should be 40mm since it's just a GMT master with a steel/aluminum 24 hour insert. Bezel still rotates.

But I have a feeling this is as close as any of us are going to get to a true 40mm Polar Explorer Homage.

I'm searching for a nice 40mm case to drop this dial and hands into. Coming up empty other than buying a rep as a donor
If you're looking for the standalone case, I believe this is it.

You can get individual parts to many popular Bliger watches. That GMT movement is a DG3804 if that helps in your search. It should be compatible with Miyota 8215 dials and hands.

Full disclosure: I believe there's a coupon embedded in that link. If you buy, you get a $2 coupon and I will too. I couldn't get the app to just give me a link lest anyone thing I'm trying to get rich off of AliX coupons!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#26,178 ·
Anyone see the new Parnis Date just? Looks kind of awesome....and yes, I'm aware this is not an original design.
Err... but it is.

#26,180 ·
Anyone tried this Santos "homage"? I'm a bit worried they've just photoshopped a fake logo off, but I hope the dial is sterile like shown.

Quality looks really good, and supposedly it's got sapphire crystal and a Miyota 9015.

Literally says replica watches in the title

Pretty sure any watch like that: no branding (like Parnis or whatever) and a direct copy of a hot luxury watch..it's a rep