WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to make this thread to commemorate our favourite releases from seiko this past year. Which was your favorite and why ? For me it would have to be the sto samurai. Incredible dial and case shape

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to make this thread to commemorate our favourite releases from seiko this past year. Which was your favorite and why ? For me it would have to be the sto samurai. Incredible dial and case shape

For me, this year it's got to be the SLA019. The Marine Master is iconic and the green is beautiful; far more dramatic than the green used in the Rolex Sub. I just wish the watch was 2mm less tall. If it was; it may of been the greatest diver ever. As it is though it's still fabulous!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I bought over a dozen Seikos this year - Sumos, Samurais, Monsters, Turtles, Alpinists, a 62MAS reinterpretation and various flavours of Cocktails - and only 1 remains: the SLA019 (aka SBDX021 in the mother land)

My watch photography skills are non existent, so here's a photo from the interwebs (thanks to Escapement Magazine).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Echoing Archangel FX and Simon - the SBBN040/S23626 are the winners for me. The SNE498 comes in a close second for offering a very similar look at 1/8th of the price, and more accessible measurements for wrists of all shapes and sizes.

Reactions: Archangel FX

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts

Yeah, I love my STO. It is really a unique dial for an incredibly affordable price. I have been on the brink of selling a few times and then I throw it on and remember why it is a keeper.
For me, the jade Sumo is number 1.
It pretty stunning and again, at an affordable price. 20181222_110404_1545444263523.jpg

Reactions: flydiver
1 - 20 of 24 Posts