WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always like saving money, but from what I have read online, especially for automatics, its better to spend more at an authorized dealer than the grey market. How have you all fared with grey market ORIS's?

What's the best priced online authorized dealer for ORIS watches?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have seen many opinions on both sides. I wouldn't though. Get a good discount at an AD, maybe during a shopping festival or the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,300 Posts
I don't worry about warranties on my watches as the quality has almost always been good, especially on name brands from the usual grey market vendors. Most have good return policies and rarely have I had to return watches (twice I can think of)

A lawyer I know says that a warranty is nothing more than a license to fight and are not worth the paper they are printed on.

My three Oris have been flawless and the money saved by buying grey market and pre-owned more than offset the risk, IMHO.

·
Registered
41,174 Posts
The watches I took in with warranty issues, those customers would have a different opinion.
I don't worry about warranties on my watches as the quality has almost always been good, especially on name brands from the usual grey market vendors. Most have good return policies and rarely have I had to return watches (twice I can think of)

A lawyer I know says that a warranty is nothing more than a license to fight and are not worth the paper they are printed on.

My three Oris have been flawless and the money saved by buying grey market and pre-owned more than offset the risk, IMHO.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I always like saving money, but from what I have read online, especially for automatics, its better to spend more at an authorized dealer than the grey market. How have you all fared with grey market ORIS's?

What's the best priced online authorized dealer for ORIS watches?
I have bought one Oris from Topper jewelers- communication with Rob Caplan was pure pleasure!

Sent from

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I purchased my Oris Big Crown from Topper. I had a great experience with them and would purchase from them again without hesitation. I also like the idea of having a proper AD service and warranty.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to live just 15 min away from Topper. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have to agree somewhat with Yankeeexpress. The only problem I ever had with a grey market dealer was with a Hammy Pan Europ chrono on a $599 sale from . I chose (perhaps foolishly) to pay $175 to have Swatch Group repair it as they had a service center near me and I have adored the tymepiece and wand the manufacturer to fix it. The movement was replaced completely.

My 3 Orises, Speedy Pro, Baume and others from PLEASE NO UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM - I POSTED A WARNING EARLIER IN THIS THREAD can attest to no problems. However, anecdotal evidence would suggest that both grey marketers mentioned have done good work thru their own warranties to make the discounted prices versus ADs mostly worth it for the $1k price range. Notwithstanding the above, I am looking forward to doing business with Topper one of these days for more expensive pieces to make it worthwhile to go through an AD (probably should have done so with Speedy Pro and Baume, but no problems in a year so knock on wood).

·
Registered
152 Posts
PLEASE NO UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM - I POSTED A WARNING EARLIER IN THIS THREAD

·
Registered
182 Posts
Getting movement repairs on Oris bought off PLEASE NO UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM - I POSTED A WARNING EARLIER IN THIS THREAD /authentic are not an issue since it's a Selitta. However, getting parts such as crowns, bezels, etc might not happen without going through a proper AD. The Watchmaker in Waltham, MA is the only supplier of these types of parts. And they work directly for Oris.

Of course you're watch probably won't need these things. But at least you'd be covered. Just some food for thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.