WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after a new Aqua Terra (white face, orange accents 220.12.41.21.02.002) here in the UK to go with my trusted Planet Ocean.

Looking on Chrono I can see them for around £3700 but would prefer a bricks and mortar AD store. Can anyone suggest a good place to try for a discount?

Beaverbrooks? Ernest? Unfortunately the nearest Omega Boutique is around 80 miles away.

Many thanks

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Great choice of AT. That model would be my choice. I went with the grey dial blue rubber in the end and regretted it after a few weeks. Go to a decent independent AD. Forget Ernest jones, if you get a problem with it you will get the run around, their customer care is probably the worst you will find anywhere. Theyre beyond awful. Its H Samuels that sell slightly more upmarket products. Goldsmiths are marginally better but there can be a big difference between individual stores. Theres no benefit to buying from any chain stores. A decent independent will usually have the owner on site so youll be able to get a good discount authorised. Chain stores have discounts locked into the till.

The AT is easy to get a discount on as theyre not good sellers so keep pushing. As a guide, I got an AT, with the bracelet thrown in for less than the retail of the watch on rubber. Theyve had price increases since I bought mine so I cant give you an exact figure but youll easily manage 20% and you could easily get 30+ if youre lucky. Best of luck

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Your problem is that you want a specific model that may not be sat on the shelf. That means that it could need to be ordered and so a bigger discount may be harder to achieve.

Something to investigate is that with places like Goldsmith, you can buy gift vouchers at a discount (on the web through third party sellers usually). So agree a discount with them first and when it becomes time to pay, pull out your vouchers. double discount.

Ive never done it myself, but there is no reason why you can’t do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is quite a good time to buy. I recently bought a Speedmaster Professional sapphire sandwich ahead of the recent price rise. With the whole virus situation Beaverbrooks and Goldsmiths are both doing appointments bookable from their website. I had a 4pm visit to Beaverbrooks and a 5pm visit to Goldsmiths booked in. I tried the watch and made it clear I was wanting to buy if the price was right. I suggested a doable price and they rejected it as not remotely possible. I asked for his best price and he wan't moving much. However when I mentioned that I had another appointment shortly afterwards at GS he bit my hand off to stop me going to that appointment. I ended up with over 15% off without much effort. The price I got was the original low ball starting price I suggested but didn't think I would get. It was actually pretty easy, but good to have the other appt in place and knowing that the same watch was in stock at both. Good luck!

Reactions: gr4z

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your problem is that you want a specific model that may not be sat on the shelf. That means that it could need to be ordered and so a bigger discount may be harder to achieve.

Something to investigate is that with places like Goldsmith, you can buy gift vouchers at a discount (on the web through third party sellers usually). So agree a discount with them first and when it becomes time to pay, pull out your vouchers. double discount.

Ive never done it myself, but there is no reason why you can’t do it.
Agreed, the watch I bought was commonly available so perhaps easier to haggle on.

I have heard people say that all bets are off on negotiated discounts when vouchers are presented. Cash is king!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am after a new Aqua Terra (white face, orange accents 220.12.41.21.02.002) here in the UK to go with my trusted Planet Ocean.

Looking on Chrono I can see them for around £3700 but would prefer a bricks and mortar AD store. Can anyone suggest a good place to try for a discount?

Beaverbrooks? Ernest? Unfortunately the nearest Omega Boutique is around 80 miles away.

Many thanks
Hackett Watches in Hatton Garden is a very well regarded grey dealer, he always gets the nod over on TZUK.

Might be worth a phone call to see if he can source you one, you can pick up in person and the watches come with the full 5 year Omega warranty.

I was going to use him for my Seamaster but found a cheaper deal from a jewellers losing their AD status.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips guys. I will dig around although don’t really want a trip to the old smoke at the moment owing to COVID.

If I can get 25% I would be very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts