WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is ebay the best deal out there ? There are no dealers near me...looking for a 40mm dia auto diver style...I have never owned this brand before,,,thx

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
It depends where you are, If you hail from the U.S. the I understand that Orient USA is quite good but as I'm from the U.K. all of my Orients have been sourced from Creation Watches.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It depends where you are, If you hail from the U.S. the I understand that Orient USA is quite good but as I'm from the U.K. all of my Orients have been sourced from Creation Watches.
Here in the USA, Orient USA's website is *not* the best option. Their prices are MSRP or something like that. Their selection of what is actually in stock is troublesome also.

I purchased my Orient Ray Raven from Amazon. Got it there brand new, cheaper than any site i've seen advertised.

Amazon has Orient Bambinos, Makos and Rays on their "Today's Deals" option very frequently which will be cheaper than (Long)IslandWatch and CreationWatches - the two other best options for buying in the USA, IMHO.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Handsdown it's got to be Island Watch. Marc is a pleasure to deal with. And his prices are always very fair.

Sent from my [redacted] using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
I agree, Long Island Watch is hard to beat for price/service. I've also used Amazon. I think I bought my first Orient Star (the Retrograde) from Discount Watch Store. I have no complaints from any of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do not recommend CreationWatches.
Recently bought from them and they "forgot " to include the warranty booklet and instruction booklet
Another purchase, likely the last one, they sent me a black Bambino when I correctly ordered a blue.
Contacting them has been frustrating and not helpful so far leading me to start a credit card dispute
No one answers their phone.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Recently bought from them and they "forgot " to include the warranty booklet and instruction booklet
Well, you don't get the original warranty from CW, so you shouldn't be getting the associated booklet. Instructions and other packaging are often missing or different when you buy grey-market lower-end Japanese watches. So, your experience there was about how it should have been.

Sending you the wrong watch and not fixing it is a real issue, of course. Grey market sellers are rarely going to respond to anything quickly (cutting corners on CS is what gets prices low in the first place), but that's definitely something they should have addressed.

I've only bought from CW a few times, but it all went fine for me. Prices were cheap, watches came fast. *shrug*

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Long Island watch gets my vote. Bought my orient plus a couple other watches from them great service every time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, you don't get the original warranty from CW, so you shouldn't be getting the associated booklet. Instructions and other packaging are often missing or different when you buy grey-market lower-end Japanese watches. So, your experience there was about how it should have been.

Sending you the wrong watch and not fixing it is a real issue, of course. Grey market sellers are rarely going to respond to anything quickly (cutting corners on CS is what gets prices low in the first place), but that's definitely something they should have addressed.

I've only bought from CW a few times, but it all went fine for me. Prices were cheap, watches came fast. *shrug*
they agreed that they should have included the warranty and said they are sending it fir the watch I received 2 weeks ago, but it hadn't come yet

since I contacted my credit card company they now agree to accept a return

but

they are trying to get he to pay for the shipping, which I will not do

warning to others about CW

I have bought from Island Watch and they are great

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
they agreed that they should have included the warranty and said they are sending it fir the watch I received 2 weeks ago, but it hadn't come yet
Their own warranty paperwork, perhaps. But, you understand that CW is not an authorized dealer, right? You don't get an Orient warranty when you buy from them. I mean, they could send you the blank paperwork if they have it, I suppose, but it wouldn't be good for anything. Frankly, if you even got the watch in the box for the correct model then you're ahead of the curve.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Their own warranty paperwork, perhaps. But, you understand that CW is not an authorized dealer, right? You don't get an Orient warranty when you buy from them. I mean, they could send you the blank paperwork if they have it, I suppose, but it wouldn't be good for anything. Frankly, if you even got the watch in the box for the correct model then you're ahead of the curve.
they sent the wrong model and I just returned from the post office to send it back to them which costs a minimum of $29 to get to Singapore, for which they want to reimburse me $15

just a heads up if any one's interested

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I just bought my 4th Orient (a Flight) from Marc Finkle.
Flight was over $100 00 higher than Marcs price @ amazon.
He will answer my asinine questions with blowing his top.

Going for a Bambino or Symphony next.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't forget Wayne Lee @ roachman's, I know his site isn't exactly up to date but his still active, picked up a Blue Ray new in the box from him about 6 weeks ago. I'm sure it was his missus I dealt with but being based in Australia I was impressed at delivery speed (few business days).

Also orientwatchusa you can enter promo code "youtube30" and get 30% discount and they'll throw in a free watch.

Btw first post =) love this forum only discovered it few months ago and picked up 2 orients already eyeing another 2 its quite addictive!

·
Registered
381 Posts
love this forum only discovered it few months ago and picked up 2 orients already eyeing another 2 its quite addictive!
If you're like me, you'll end up buying JDM Orients and you'll become obsessed. I've got a Bambino, King Master, Orient Star, and I'm looking into a possible SK diver down the line.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I live in Australia and I bought two watches from Creation Watches. No problems at all. My last was an Orient Ray. Darn good watch and great value for the money.:-!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

How does not responding to customers get the prices lower?

·
Banned
844 Posts
I have purchased two so far. One from Island Watch and one from Discount Watch Store. I have no complaints with either transaction and was happy with the prices I got.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm highly interested about getting the EM6500BB Orient Ray from Longislandwatches but i'm unsure as to how they handle international orders.

Also i'd like to know if they can label it differently from a watch, like a 20$ measuring device for example.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Freeks:
Just for an example, my latest buy, the Orient Flight was listed by the "Zon" @ $2.10.00. I bought the watch at Long Island a full
$110.00 cheaper than the Zon. Not often you find watches from one merchandiser + $110.00 cheaper than another one.
I noticed L I's price on the Mako XL is $10.00 more than it used to be.
But that's the watch biz I guess.

Lou Snutt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts