WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a battery today, so who has the best prices? Fry's ($1.99) is out of the 371 battery, Rat Shack & Walgreens want $4.99. I will not pay $4.99! Where else should I check?

Thanks,
kev

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I get most of mine at Wal-Mart. They run $2.47 to $3.97 depending on the type. That's as inexpensive as I can find in my area.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,075 Posts
I need to get a battery today, so who has the best prices? Fry's ($1.99) is out of the 371 battery, Rat Shack & Walgreens want $4.99. I will not pay $4.99! Where else should I check?

Thanks,
kev
Kinda depends on the battery. The common ones can be gotten at almost any store like Walmart or Target. Less common ones like the lithium used in Seiko Perpetual or the silver oxide size used in old tuning fork movements may involve an internet dealer or somehting like Batteries Plus.

Because batteries last at least 3 years and may run for a decade I don't agonize much over the price. At a price between $3.00 and $5.00 I'm not going to chase all over town trying to save a buck or two.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Kinda depends on the battery. The common ones can be gotten at almost any store like Walmart or Target. Less common ones like the lithium used in Seiko Perpetual or the silver oxide size used in old tuning fork movements may involve an internet dealer or somehting like Batteries Plus.

Because batteries last at least 3 years and may run for a decade I don't agonize much over the price. At a price between $3.00 and $5.00 I'm not going to chase all over town trying to save a buck or two.
+1

I get the common ones (377, etc.) from Walmart, and for the rest I go to Batteries Plus. You pay a little more for the more obscure sizes, but I never need to buy more than two or three at a time so it's not such a big hit on the wallet.

Mike

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for your response.
I understand the logic about price, but I am stubborn about not supporting Radio Shack's pricing. I will not chase around town, I will chase around the web!:-!, as I am buying 4 different batteries.
Cheers,
kev

·
11,484 Posts
Batteries are about $1 each on eBay, this includes shipping. I don't buy them anywhere else anymore.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Check Jules borel, they sell 6 packs for a little over $2 and individual for less than $1. I'm not sure about shipping costs for just batteries but I usually find something else to buy along with them.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
+1 for ebay. Super cheap. You just need to plan ahead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts