WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on a 007/009 for maybe a year now and I think it's time I finally got one. The only issue is, being in Canada, everything is more expensive than the states.

For example:
http://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-SKX007K-Divers-Automatic-Watch/dp/B000B5MI3Q <- Canada SKX007k for 280

Seiko Men's SKX007K Diver's Automatic Watch: Watches: Amazon.com USA SKX007k for 191.47 + Free shipping

I visited a few malls (I know they'd 100% be overpriced) and saw the same watch going for $400+ not including taxes... is there anywhere I can go that'll have prices similar to Amazon.com's prices?

Also, do the letters/numbers after the 007k denote what kind of strap it comes with? (e.g. skx007kD with a metal bracelet)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hello, fellow Canadian.

I can't recommend a local spot for Seiko's specifically. I 'd try the forums first - buy&sell, members, member stores. On the odd occasion I've experienced a seller unwilling to ship internationally. Then there's always [email protected] You will have to wait, as opposed to buying it in a retail store, and wait even longer if you're buying from Asia (3-4 weeks).

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I've had my eye on a 007/009 for maybe a year now and I think it's time I finally got one. The only issue is, being in Canada, everything is more expensive than the states.

For example:
http://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-SKX007K-Divers-Automatic-Watch/dp/B000B5MI3Q <- Canada SKX007k for 280

Seiko Men's SKX007K Diver's Automatic Watch: Watches: Amazon.com USA SKX007k for 191.47 + Free shipping

I visited a few malls (I know they'd 100% be overpriced) and saw the same watch going for $400+ not including taxes... is there anywhere I can go that'll have prices similar to Amazon.com's prices?

Also, do the letters/numbers after the 007k denote what kind of strap it comes with? (e.g. skx007kD with a metal bracelet)
You won't find any place in Canada where it's as inexpensive as the US or overseas.

The 'K' simply indicates the market for distribution and the numbers after it ie: skx007k1 or k2 indicate the type of band.

SKX007KD is not an official model designation; it's something that sellers have imagineered :-(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Buy it from sellers out of Japan. I have yet to have any problems; timely communication, service and prices are 30%-50% less than in Canada. Delivery was quick via EMS too. I have had several watches delivered within a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts