WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
price tags are hard to swallow on an SKX. ~$300USD, looks like a rubber strap K model is $291. I haven't found anything cheaper that wasn't on the 'bay.
Until I saw current prices, I was going to buy an SKX. I know the SKX was the go-to beater but not at $300. So, I bought the SKX's rival ISO diver — a Citizen Fugu. It's more watch (hand-windable) yet less money than an SKX.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had the Z199 on my 2nd one as well. A great bracelet. I've never tried the factory Jubilee, so I think this time I'll either get a K on that or source one for a J version.
Here's a tough one: on Amazon Japan one can get a J model SKX009 on the rubber strap, or the K model on a jubilee for ~$20 less. The jubilee is definitely regarded as superior to the stock rubber, but is the J model going to be worth more in the stretch considering it's believed to have no real differences from the K model? Price being what it is (still over $300, even here in Japan) that is a tough call to make. I feel like I would upgrade the bracelet or strap either way I went, but I do think the stock jubilee is a comfy bracelet. I have no experience with the rubber ones, now that I think about it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Until I saw current prices, I was going to buy an SKX. I know the SKX was the go-to beater but not at $300. So, I bought the SKX's rival ISO diver — a Citizen Fugu. It's more watch (hand-windable) yet less money than an SKX.
I really should spring for a Fugu. I've been wanting a Citizen diver for awhile but a combination of things have kept it from happening (mostly finding other cool stuff I wanted more at the time).

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know how Creation can manage it, but they always have the lowest possible SKX prices.

I've bought several for mods over the past year, never an issue. Free 2-3 day ship to USA too. It's even faster shipping than a domestic seller, which is absurd lol.
They just aren’t price gouging as much as some other sellers. I really love the SKX007/009, and they will always be a classic dive watch. $300 is right at the limit of what I would pay for a new one. I think Seiko could argue it’s always been underpriced for what you are getting. But I’ve had some significant QC issues with mine, so $300 is really pushing it. The MSRP is probably close to $400 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Thanks all!

I think I’ll go through them and pay via PayPal, although it only gives the option to deduct from my debit card on file as opposed to funds coming directly from my account. Is this standard?
You should be able to choose (change) your preferred way to to pay on PayPal. Add or link another account. They also have PP credit which let's you purchase with 6 mos to pay interest free.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks like Creation increased their prices on some of the SKX models as of yesterday. Or, they were running a special sale and bumped them back up to where they were prior.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks like Creation increased their prices on some of the SKX models as of yesterday. Or, they were running a special sale and bumped them back up to where they were prior.
Interesting. I got my 007K1 for $291, however the shipment has yet to get an acceptance scan from FedEx.

I have had such bad luck with receiving packages lately - I’m sure the holidays don’t help, either. I’m hoping to get an update by tomorrow.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Interesting. I got my 007K1 for $291, however the shipment has yet to get an acceptance scan from FedEx.

I have had such bad luck with receiving packages lately - I’m sure the holidays don’t help, either. I’m hoping to get an update by tomorrow.
I appears to me the J models increased the most, especially the orange dial. Up to $353.00 USD now....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. The shipping and customs can be a turn-off. Shipping usually involves a signature and I'm at work when they make delivery.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I should be receiving my SKX J tomorrow. Took a while but I figured since they are going away I should grab one while I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My 007K1 came this morning from Creation - shipment came without much delay. I believe my last 007K had Spanish as the second language, whereas this one has Arabic. Is this typical?

On to the pics!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Jlatassa,

Sounds pretty typical. Many threads, just a few below......

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
My 007K1 came this morning from Creation - shipment came without much delay. I believe my last 007K had Spanish as the second language, whereas this one has Arabic. Is this typical?

On to the pics!

View attachment 15648148
View attachment 15648149
Eng/Arabic on the SKX007K is not really common but there are some out there. The SKX007 model with Eng/Arabic is the SKX007J (The J models (SKX007J,SKX009J,SKX011J) are watches for the Middle East Market). I have seen a few Seiko Orange Monster (SKX781K) and SKX009K with both Eng/Arabic and Eng/Farsi (Persian) on them

So you got a bit of a rarity (a non J model SKX007 with Eng/Arabic) and as the place you bought it from is legit and does not sell fakes, you can be sure it is a factory original.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Eng/Arabic on the SKX007K is not really common but there are some out there. The SKX007 model with Eng/Arabic is the SKX007J (The J models (SKX007J,SKX009J,SKX011J) are watches for the Middle East Market). I have seen a few Seiko Orange Monster (SKX781K) and SKX009K with both Eng/Arabic and Eng/Farsi (Persian) on them

So you got a bit of a rarity (a non J model SKX007 with Eng/Arabic) and as the place you bought it from is legit and does not sell fakes, you can be sure it is a factory original.
This is right on. The threads I ran into kept mentioning J models and I kept flipping back seeing Jlatassa's K.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was going to buy an SKX a while back. A J model was less than US$200. Instead I bought a Pepsi Fugu which I like but have never really bonded with and I know at some point I will sell. I wish I had gone for the SKX and although they are still easily available here (HK), I'm loathe to buy one now, given the price hikes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks all for the input!

The funny thing is that the strap smelled vaguely of mothballs - I’m sure this watch sat for a while, haha.

I appreciate the confirmation regarding the Arabic day wheel, as I haven’t received a Seiko with one until now.

FWIW, the shipment was packaged very well and came in good time. I’d use Creation again.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts