WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could find BR 02 Chronograph in rose gold and carbon for a really good price? The final negotiated price I'm getting it for in Dubai is about US$ 8175. Is this a good deal, or should I look elsewhere, like in the States, perhaps?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
congrats if you pick this one up.. I tried it on and its stunning. Your already getting 40% off at this price, I wouldnt expect and AD to give you more discount on a hot model.

Does anyone know where I could find BR 02 Chronograph in rose gold and carbon for a really good price? The final negotiated price I'm getting it for in Dubai is about US$ 8175. Is this a good deal, or should I look elsewhere, like in the States, perhaps?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good price to me. If you get it, please post some pics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
was told that Dubai might be the cheapest place to get new watches....not sure if this is so, anyone can confirm this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys. About Dubai being a good place to pick up watches, I'm not that sure, although I have come across what I think are good deals on various brands.

On the flipside, when I was in Bloomie's in NYC, they offered me a Tag 'Steve McQueen' Monaco for about US$ 3100 in July 2008, and I have never been able to find any dealer who could match that price in Dubai. One thing I did notice, though, was that it had a noticeable scratch on the back.

A Dubai AD of Zenith, Oris, JLC, Hamilton, Blancpain, Omega and Longines recently had an 'Investment' offer. The deal was structured so that if you purchased an item(s) worth Dirhams 10,000 (approx US$ 2700), they'd throw in a men's and women's Longines (entry level), a Montegrappa pen and AED 1000 worth of vouchers in for free! I was very tempted to purchase the Oris Diver's watch to avail the offer, but I already have three Orises, and the other brands were considerably more expensive.

Now, about the BR02: The final 50% discounted price I negotiated for the chrono with rose gold and carbon was actually through a friend who knows the dealers personally, and owns a small watch retailing business of his own. If people in this forum think it's a good price, I just might have to consider it more strongly. It's just not a very easy decision to make, considering the current economic scenario... I keep hoping it'll drop even lower!

On another note, I was considering the Patek Philippe Aquanaut, which costs considerably more, but seems to be able to retain its investment value a lot better than most other brands.

Any thoughts anyone?

was told that Dubai might be the cheapest place to get new watches....not sure if this is so, anyone can confirm this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
well i think if the BR02 is going for 50% off retail i'd by it in a heart beat.....but if you're looking to invest then obviously a patek would be a wiser choice. This is because at this point in time the BRs are a relatively new brand and we do not really know if the interest in this brand will continue, where else the patek is more of a tried and tested brand.

So i guess overall it really depends on what you are looking for...investment or for the enjoyment of the watch.. ;-)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
well i think if the BR02 is going for 50% off retail i'd by it in a heart beat.....but if you're looking to invest then obviously a patek would be a wiser choice. This is because at this point in time the BRs are a relatively new brand and we do not really know if the interest in this brand will continue, where else the patek is more of a tried and tested brand.

So i guess overall it really depends on what you are looking for...investment or for the enjoyment of the watch.. ;-)
+1 b-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts