WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My first thread here.. Where do i buy the best quality rolex homages for ~100-200 USD? I´ve been looking around in different forums and seen a lot of brands and read quite a few reviews, and it seems to me that Alphas are supposed to provide the owners with the best bang for the bucks. Is it so and if so, where can i buy one if i live outside US (Sweden to be precise)?

Regards

jofah

·
Registered
779 Posts
You may want to also take a look at watches by Parnis Marina Militare watch

I also believe alpha ships internationally without any issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What type of rolex are you looking for? I own a black submariner, a tri-date, and a panda 30 minute chronograph from Alpha. All three keep excellent time. I just tested my submariner for a week and had less than a minute difference in time. I have ordered watch links from their website with no issues. The only thing about my sub I didn't like was no lume on the dial but there is lume on the hands and it is good, and the limited water resistance but I don't swim with my watches.

This forum offers watches for sale from its members. I bought all of mine from there with no issues at a great price if you can by slightly use. If you want new, try their website or Ebay.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd say Parnis (from manbushijie - I have yet to hear a complaint about this distributor's service: Parnis Marina Militare watch) or Alpha would be your best bet. At the prices you mention you could probably even get a high-quality "replica" (I'll admit it - I have a Daytona replica that uses a modified Asian-manufactured version of the Valjoux 7750, and it works well - it was shipped to me in a tin of loose tea leaves in order to avoid customs), but that's the problem, I suppose: you want a homage, not a fake.

I have had two Parnis sterile submariner homages, and both have served me incredibly well and were very accurate. So if you're looking for a Submariner homage, I'd say Parnis all the way. But I can't speak for any of the other homages since I don't have any real personal experience with

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check the affordables section. There's a 1500 page sticky there about the best sub homage ;)

I myself looked at the alpha's for a while but chose to pay a little more for a Steinhart with a swiss movement and not a straight homage. If you're willing to pay a little more check them or Christian Ward out. Got some nice homages with real quality. IMO they have the best bang for the buck as a sub homage.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have ordered from the alpha website, and yes I live in Sweden!
Worked out absolutely fine..

PM:a om du vill veta mer!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
After working my way through cheapies (Soki and Bagel), I have gotten hooked on Alphas and am pretty impressed with the quality-to-cost quotient. I correspond directly with the seller and have thus far managed to get all of my pieces for $70-80 each including shipping. Mechanically they have been a delight (quite accurate, impeccable hand alignment and date switchover, second hand sweeps smoothly, nice feel to the crown during adjustment) and the bracelets have been readily resizable. I am delighted. With your proposed price range, I suppose you are look at Parnis or better. I bet you can land something really nice.

HTH,

Les

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hello,

My first thread here.. Where do i buy the best quality rolex homages for ~100-200 USD? I´ve been looking around in different forums and seen a lot of brands and read quite a few reviews, and it seems to me that Alphas are supposed to provide the owners with the best bang for the bucks. Is it so and if so, where can i buy one if i live outside US (Sweden to be precise)?

Regards

jofah
Why buy a watch that's pretending to be something it's not?

I cringe everytime I see one of these threads in the Chinese forums, the abundance of these cheap "homages" are what's dragging down the reputation of the Chinese watch industry...

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'd say Parnis (from manbushijie - I have yet to hear a complaint about this distributor's service: Parnis Marina Militare watch) or Alpha would be your best bet. At the prices you mention you could probably even get a high-quality "replica" (I'll admit it - I have a Daytona replica that uses a modified Asian-manufactured version of the Valjoux 7750, and it works well - it was shipped to me in a tin of loose tea leaves in order to avoid customs), but that's the problem, I suppose: you want a homage, not a fake.

I have had two Parnis sterile submariner homages, and both have served me incredibly well and were very accurate. So if you're looking for a Submariner homage, I'd say Parnis all the way. But I can't speak for any of the other homages since I don't have any real personal experience with
Not sure you should be openly admitting to buying fakes on the forums...

So you don't have the money to buy Rolex but still want ppl to think you do... hmmm... :think:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

I cringe everytime I see one of these threads in the Chinese forums, the abundance of these cheap "homages" are what's dragging down the reputation of the Chinese watch industry...
True but the Chinese are only the latest ones to the party. Before them it was the Japanese and probably the worst of the bunch were the Swiss themselves.

These watches do not pretend to be multi thousand dollar status symbols; they are simply inexpensive watches that give folks with meager budgets, good looking pieces they can afford and enjoy.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Not sure you should be openly admitting to buying fakes on the forums...

So you don't have the money to buy Rolex but still want ppl to think you do... hmmm... :think:
Yeh; I don't get that either :-s

·
Registered
342 Posts
True but the Chinese are only the latest ones to the party. Before them it was the Japanese and probably the worst of the bunch were the Swiss themselves.

These watches do not pretend to be multi thousand dollar status symbols; they are simply inexpensive watches that give folks with meager budgets, good looking pieces they can afford and enjoy.

I like homage watches because they are functional (at least most of them!), attractive, and enjoyable. They're fun to collect, wear, compare, and, if you are foolish like me, attempt to repair and adjust.

Fakes are a different ballgame and they don't interest me. I am not hyper-moral or uptight about such things, but I get the impression that the replica watch market resides in some moral and legal grey zone that I care not to frequent because I just could do without the hassle. I would rather someone ask me, "Hey, is that a Rolex?" and be able to reply, "Nah, it's by a Chinese maker called Alpha that makes some pieces in classic designs--pretty cool for 70 bucks!" than have to lie outright about a fake or embarrassedly acknowledge it is a replica of dubious prominence.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I assume that the stainless cases for the the numerous homages are all pretty much diverted from the fake Rolex supply stream. This means that at least for the Parnis watch that I had is a double sealed crown tube, a sealed back and a good crystal seal for the sapphire crystal. Be sure to have your watch pressure tested though before diving with it, they are not factory tested and some don't have the seals greased or it might even be missing. My Parnis GMT was fine for several 25-50m dives and daily pool swimming but you see people on WUS who get fogging from a shower or washing hands.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

Why you then visit this part of the forums? This has been talked about 1 million times and more, absolutely no point in starting this again in this topic. He likes homages, you don't.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts