WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 40mm Divers 65, and as neat as all the NATO straps out there are, they're just not tidy enough for me. The OEM NATO with deployant looks pretty sweet, and I think I'd like to pick one up. I was able to find a great deal on the bracelet from Ace Jewellers in Amsterdam, but I'm having difficulty tracking the NATO down (outside of visiting my local AD, which is outrageous here in Canada.)

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Interested myself. Not enough Canadian Oris support. On the hunt for the titanium Aquis bracelet and blue Aquis rubber.

I have had great experience with topper jewelers (forum sponsors USA)

Also have used olfert&co (Germany), had good deal for Aquis rubber strap, but price has increased since.

Made price inquiry with Andrew Charles Ltd (U.K.)- very competitive price, but choose to pick up my bracelet with AD in different country during my trip

·
Registered
60,559 Posts
You'll have to shop about amongst ADs for the best deal on straps. Contact Topper (WUS sponsor) as people keep posting how good they are to deal with and how keen their prices are.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'm in Canada too, i was quoted 475 dollars plus tax for a bracelet , people saying getting one from toppers, are you buying from Canada or CONUS, i thought Oris Ad's do not sell directly to other countries . If anybody purchased from toppers from Canada, can you comment how it worked out for you regarding exchange, shipping, duty, taxes, vs paying a AD over here.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Canada too, i was quoted 475 dollars plus tax for a bracelet , people saying getting one from toppers, are you buying from Canada or CONUS, i thought Oris Ad's do not sell directly to other countries . If anybody purchased from toppers from Canada, can you comment how it worked out for you regarding exchange, shipping, duty, taxes, vs paying a AD over here.
I was actually quoted $500 from my local dealer, but I was able to find it from Ace Jewellers in Amsterdam for €211, which worked out to be just under C$300. No shipping, taxes or duties.

I actually travel in the United States one or two times a month, so I don't think it's going to be an issue to receive it there. Unfortunately I won't be able to provide any good info on what it cost to get it across the border, though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea. I emailed Topper and The Watchmaker. I heard back from Ace, and I suspect their price will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It came by TNT. Tracked, etc. Not sure if it was just missed by CBSA or if it was under their threshold for tax/duty collection.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pulled the trigger on the NATO from Ace. Great price again. Basically covered the CAD/USD exchange and then some, plus free shipping. Highly recommend.

To be clear, Ace, Toppers and Watchmaker all were excellent in terms of support and service. I would recommend any of them, it's just that Ace was dramatically less expensive for a Canadian customer.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So, I have asked my local dealer for a quote on two straps that come on Diver 65 models, the rubber and vintage look leather, to put on my Carl Brashear bronze. What kind of price should I expect, what is MSRP for these things? The guy "thought" around $175-200.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, I have asked my local dealer for a quote on two straps that come on Diver 65 models, the rubber and vintage look leather, to put on my Carl Brashear bronze. What kind of price should I expect, what is MSRP for these things? The guy "thought" around $175-200.
MSRP on the bracelet is $360. The NATO is $185. I purchased both from Ace in Amsterdam and paid 211 and 128 euros each shipped respectively.

I would imagine that the price you were quoted was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks. My nearest Oris dealer is an outlet of a big chain store. I'm sure he will quote me MSRP and I'm not sure if he (the store manager) will have any leeway to discount...we shall see.

(PS: he was very excited to see my Carl Brashear. They just opened a couple of months ago and he'd never seen one in person as they were all distributed in his company by then.)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Hi, has anyone ordered an Aquis bracelet from Ace? I'm wondering if the bracelet is a similar price to the 211 euros ? Also when you request a quote from them, is that model good enough or should I included a reference number as well ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, has anyone ordered an Aquis bracelet from Ace? I'm wondering if the bracelet is a similar price to the 211 euros ? Also when you request a quote from them, is that model good enough or should I included a reference number as well ?
Just send an email and describe what you want. They'll ask you for any details. They asked me for some info off the case to be certain.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Heard back from the local dealer and was surprised to hear the prices, $125 for the rubber strap and $130 for the leather. Of course you can get cheaper aftermarket ones but those aren't bad prices for signed OEM straps.
I also have a bespoke blue canvas strap incoming from Combat Straps. It was on his Instagram page yesterday so should be in my hands shortly.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts