WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had many many squares over the years. I ALWAYS love my Speed, always will. Just an absolute classic. The negative displays, I always like the stealth look, but not easy on my eyes to read. The new Bluetooth squares, I love the modules, but not a big fan of the finishes. I’m low key, very conservative with the styles. The black steel, too much polish and stealth bling. The resin version is a little too light, plus no screw back. The Tron comes close, but again, conservative, it would be perfect without the grid.

Went to a local AD and they had a hell of a collection including the 2 Titaniums. The Camo was the same as the Grid, but the all black Titanium surprised me. I thought the shiny bezel would throw me off, but it is so understated. I asked him how much, he said 20% off retail. Still high, but man, I really like it.

I gave it a couple days to think it over, read reviews, see what owners think of it. Saturday I went back to pick up my Tag that I was hoping they could service but they couldn’t. The 20% offer stood as promised. Got it sized, got in my car...I am VERY happy with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I’ve had many many squares over the years. I ALWAYS love my Speed, always will. Just an absolute classic. The negative displays, I always like the stealth look, but not easy on my eyes to read. The new Bluetooth squares, I love the modules, but not a big fan of the finishes. I’m low key, very conservative with the styles. The black steel, too much polish and stealth bling. The resin version is a little too light, plus no screw back. The Tron comes close, but again, conservative, it would be perfect without the grid.

Went to a local AD and they had a hell of a collection including the 2 Titaniums. The Camo was the same as the Grid, but the all black Titanium surprised me. I thought the shiny bezel would throw me off, but it is so understated. I asked him how much, he said 20% off retail. Still high, but man, I really like it.

I gave it a couple days to think it over, read reviews, see what owners think of it. Saturday I went back to pick up my Tag that I was hoping they could service but they couldn’t. The 20% offer stood as promised. Got it sized, got in my car...I am VERY happy with this.

Congrats on the titanium!

I have the camo... friggin love it!

"boys support boys"

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the titanium!

I have the camo... friggin love it!

"boys support boys"
Thanks man. It’s definitely a keeper, I’ve had it on my wrist since purchase. Checks every box.

Reactions: babyivan

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
The TB-1 is one of the nicest squares ever made. Not an exaggeration to say that. Design based off one of the two origin squares from 1983. Top notch materials. Congrats.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Congrats to the ONE :) I love mine and think it´s a super watch in all aspects. I have looked at mine under a microscope, the surface treatment is really cool. The matte parts looks like asphalt while the semi-shiny-matte top part of the bezel looks to be covered with diamond dust (wich it probably is). Reflecting the gold accents of the watch in perfect style :cool:

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!! Video will be done this week, I'm excited to do this one. This sits high up there with my best watches. I like to be low key with my purchases. This may sound wacky, but I love that anyone not knowing sees this as a cheap Walmart $50 watch, while I know precisely what I have.

I particularly love having the sapphire crystal. The gold buttons and writing give it enough pop. The Titanium Matte finish is what impresses me the most on this watch. Im used to DLC having more of a raw titanium look, this is just pure black, but what really stands out are the polished inner links. They give just enough polish to show its metal, but not enough to scream "look at me!!!" I was very standoffish with the pricing at first....but having been really enjoying this watch the last few days, it's totally worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really like the look of that one! So the bezel is titanium then? And it comes with a bracelet as stock? Is it a screwback?

I was hoping to not buy any more g shocks after my gw5000....but that one....sheesh!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I really like the look of that one! So the bezel is titanium then? And it comes with a bracelet as stock? Is it a screwback?
Yes to all of your questions. It's also DLC coated and has a sapphire crystal. A real beauty.

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I was hoping to not buy any more g shocks after my gw5000....but that one....sheesh!
Here’s the video review. All yes!!

Reactions: Didimauw
1 - 18 of 18 Posts