WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have a great running list as a sticky. But looking for recommendations on a nice strap coming in around $200. Pics never hurt either ;)

·
Registered
37,150 Posts
For $200 you could pick up a bunch of really nice ones from DON.

This super soft lambskin strap cost me only $40...

:-!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
OEM...I know I'm always in the minority on this, but I want my watch to be 100% Panerai. I admit there are lots of very nice aftermarket straps, just not my thing I guess.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Depends on what you want, I love the factory Gator, I've stockpiled some for under $200 each, well under...just have to wait for a deal. For ammos though, I'm crazy about paolo18's straps, I have 4! He's very well priced...around 140 and his work is SO clean/even. I believe he's at [email protected]

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That 4th one is tasty, for sure. And no - no tubes.

Cheers,

D
I find that with no tubes the diameter width compress over time. So if it 24 mm, it will eventually be like 22-23mm. I think tubes is a must...I can be convinced differently, anyone have an opinion on this?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Rob Montana and Ted Su comes to my mind.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went with Micah (vintagestraps), looking forward to my new shoes!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I find that with no tubes the diameter width compress over time. So if it 24 mm, it will eventually be like 22-23mm. I think tubes is a must...I can be convinced differently, anyone have an opinion on this?

I agree, tubes are a must on nice thick straps that accept tubes. TC's (and most other's) straps don't come with tubes, but you can simply buy them separately: http://www.panatime.com/scallsc.html

D

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Anything made from regular leather should not cost anywhere near $200. Nice ones can be had for $50 or less.

If you are determined to spend $200, make sure it's an exotic skin,

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you looking for leather, I recommend Rich at Toshi Straps. His straps are very high quality and he will put tubes in upon request. The straps normally cost a little over $100.

·
Registered
66 Posts
good choice on the Micah

i have one of his Mauser straps

and i have 2 more on order, they really are great quality, although as im waiting on my 111 to arrive ive gone a bit strap crazy and ive also bought from Ted Su, Gunny, and WotanCraft.

·
4,077 Posts
Re: good choice on the Micah

Can't go wrong with Micah, he's a good egg.

I don't usually use tubes and I haven't had any problems with collapsing width on my straps, FWIW.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts