WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone ,

This is my first real post in this forum. I've been reading it for quite a while and finally found time to register .

I'm anxiously awaiting arrival of my XXL which I just purchased at the Watchery. They sell it with the rubber strap only which by the looks of it
is not very useful for everyday use.

I wonder if anyone would like to share their favorite strap story/picture.

What in your opinion would look good on the watch outside of the OEM sailcloth strap.

Or maybe you have an idea where the OEM strap can be sourced.

Thank You in advance and looking forward fo a lively discussion
hopefully with alot of pics

·
2,069 Posts
I currently have mine on an italian rubber strap. I will try and post some pics later with some different straps I have.

Regards Ren

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
The only strap for that watch is the OEM sailcloth. It should have come with the watch if it is BNIB.
Because this is a discontinued model, it's very hard to find this watch with the OEM sailcloth; I've been looking, and have only found places selling it with the rubber strap. The search continues....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree OEM fits the best.
Unfortunately Watchery.com sells them with rubber strap only. Hence the price I guess . The watch is brand new in box with all the papers. These watches are harder and harder to get since it has been discontinued. I've yet to contact an authorized dealers for quotes for the OEM strap.

I wonder if Delaurian can make a custom feeted strap for the curved lag space of the XXL ( I prob. should get in touch with Shane)

Anyone got an idea of OEM strap pricing ?

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bloom, I'll gladly share my finding re OEM strap. Let's see if it can be sourced at realistic price. Collaborative effort always pays off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should get it in tonight . By the sounds of it it comes with the box but no screwdriver. I'll let you know once I get it.

·
2,069 Posts
I got the italian rubber from global watchband but it was 24mm and I dremeled it down to 22mm. Panatime sells an italian rubber strap in 22 that is very similar. I actually have the sail cloth strap and while its nice its too short and i dont know how well it would hold up with use in and around water, I have also heard that it falls apart with minimal use. Anyway I will fool around with some straps this evening and hopefull get some pics up for you.

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The XXL is here, my wife flew it in from Chicago a few days ago. The watch itself is beautifully made with perfect attention to detail. If you have seen their regular Capeland S this one is very similar but bigger and looks more rugged because of the size and titanium finish. Honey colour dial is stunning. By the way the watch doesn't feel huge.

The watch came in generic B&M box, it's not a full wood box it's the same as other B&M original boxes thick cardboard and wood with black velvet inside.
In the box there was a thick manual ( generic B&M manual) and no screwdriver. The rubber strap i's very well made but I agree it is a strange strap.
It's probably very useful for a technical diver but for a desk diver like me it's an overkill. I'll be definitely looking for the replacement for daily use.
The plan is to shop around for OEM strap if it's cost prohibitive then order something interesting from Shane

A a few questions :
What comes with the full version issue of this watch (special instructions,
manuals etc.) ?

Anyone had straps made for XXL by Sean if yes what type ?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Antropa,

I saw the price The Watchery had on that model and it is really great. I love that model and if I were to buy it I would totally be happy even though it didnt come in the diver's wooden box and screwdriver.
This is something that I ask every watch guy: Would you rather have paid full retail price and gotten the wood box and screwdriver?
I rather take a vacation to Ibiza!

Leviathon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leviathon,

Exactly my point, could not agree with you more. The packaging doesn't do much for me. Once I take my watch out, it just seats there collecting dust. For the price difference you can either take a nice vacation or maybe finance another nice diver purchase :)

Cheers ,Antropa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts