WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omega Speedmaster connoisseurs I need your advice on the best aftermarket strap options for my new Speedy 3750 that is in the mail today. Any pictures would be great and would be very much appreciated. It looks like I am going to have to sell the Black Bay to make the purchase, but seeing the Speedy at the local AD yesterday I was completely convinced that this was the right decision.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
here are a few options.
Nato from gasgasbones.

Hirsch golden brown medici

Hirsch black (cant remember the name)

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My vote would be for the Hirsch Medici golden brown. It's my first strap. I think it looks great with brown shoes and a navy suit.

Compared to the cost of getting the watch, all the straps are a bargain. Buy several, change the appearance for every occasion b-)

·
Registered
838 Posts
For a bit of a left of field answer, I got myself a 'Monaco' strap from Bas and Lokes here in Sydney:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For a bit of a left of field answer, I got myself a 'Monaco' strap from Bas and Lokes here in Sydney:

View attachment 1514509
That combo looks fantastic. What are your impressions on how it wears on the Bas and Lokes? I have heard nothing but great things in terms of reviews of their straps but haven't seen one on a Speedy yet. It looks very impressive, but I guess more on the casual side. Is that the feeling it give in person? How do you feel the thickness of the strap plays with the Speedy's size?

·
Registered
838 Posts
That combo looks fantastic. What are your impressions on how it wears on the Bas and Lokes? I have heard nothing but great things in terms of reviews of their straps but haven't seen one on a Speedy yet. It looks very impressive, but I guess more on the casual side. Is that the feeling it give in person? How do you feel the thickness of the strap plays with the Speedy's size?
Cheers! The leather is very soft. Compared to any OEM croc strap I've worn, this thing feels sweet without even breaking in. The aim was a casual brown strap and it nails that brief. It is quite a thick strap, maybe close to 4mm, especially where the tail overlaps the strap so it doubles over itself, but I haven't had an issue with it. I'd imagine they'd be happy to talk to you if you wanted something a bit thinner but in the same colour - they're pretty flexible like that.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap
Sorry for the rotated pic, obviously forgot to edit when I uploaded...

Reactions: Ipromise

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The Hirsch gold brown Medici works very nice, and has the curved ends. I always loved the Rally style straps too. Not to be a Hirsch guy, but their new Performance line looks pretty cool. Leather, but wearable in summer. You can see a review here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f20/other-new-strap-review-hirsch-robby-1030493.html

I quite like the look of tan straps as well, like AussieLoads. That's one of the great things about the Speedmaster - it's so versatile!

We'll be expecting pics....

Reactions: AussieLoads

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Haha, just commented on that strap of yours while you posted this. I love it! Me thinks my next purchase will be a strap that color. Hope it looks as good on the 3594 as the Pro!

Cheers! The leather is very soft. Compared to any OEM croc strap I've worn, this thing feels sweet without even breaking in. The aim was a casual brown strap and it nails that brief. It is quite a thick strap, maybe close to 4mm, especially where the tail overlaps the strap so it doubles over itself, but I haven't had an issue with it. I'd imagine they'd be happy to talk to you if you wanted something a bit thinner but in the same colour - they're pretty flexible like that.

View attachment 1514586

Reactions: AussieLoads

·
Vendor
7,872 Posts
The Speedmaster is such a versatile watch for matching to a very large array of straps, I don't think that there are many straps that look bad on the Speedy but here is my top 5 from Hirsch, in no particular order

Hirsch Robby
Watch Vehicle Analog watch Car Fashion accessory

Hirsch Lucca
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Hirsch Medici
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Hirsch Carbon
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Hirsch Mariner
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

As you can see, alot of different looks and styles, but each works in it's own way, if ever I had to own only one watch ( hope that day never happens lol !! ) it would be the Speedy !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts