WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3151 Posts

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
This is such a great thread. Always a pleasure to dip in and look at some of the beautiful watches pictured within it.
I'm a hair's breadth away from (FINALLY) pulling the trigger on an 8926. Something else just came up which I couldn't resist though so it'll have to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where can I buy this type of strap? They look awesome!
The shop at Hodinkee.com or Thetimetraveler.co. The Hodinkee straps are a little thicker, but quality is generally the same (at least between the 2 I have) IMO.

Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Did we finally max out this thread!?!?!
The other one was locked for the number of pages it reached.

Maybe I don't get it, but why are homages so popular? I tried one recently because I really like the style of the sub, but I kept feeling like I was wearing something that pretended to be something it wasn't. I'm not trying to be negative, I guess it didn't work for me. I see they are very popular around the forum with many styles, Panerai and Blancpain as well.

·
Registered
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The other one was locked for the number of pages it reached.

Maybe I don't get it, but why are homages so popular? I tried one recently because I really like the style of the sub, but I kept feeling like I was wearing something that pretended to be something it wasn't. I'm not trying to be negative, I guess it didn't work for me. I see they are very popular around the forum with many styles, Panerai and Blancpain as well.
It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose. People generally range from loving homages, liking homages, tolerating homages, or hating homages.

No shame in any view. If don't like them, that just frees you up to search for your perfect watch without being distracted by a whole host of homages.

Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
It's true. I used to feel pretty "Meh" about them. But I have to admit to loving my Squale. In a dream world, I would own a Tudor Black Bay, but that is very far off if its ever going to happen.

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
It's true. I used to feel pretty "Meh" about them. But I have to admit to loving my Squale. In a dream world, I would own a Tudor Black Bay, but that is very far off if its ever going to happen.
I go backwards and forwards on them and have decided if a watch makes me happy then it's all good.
Expensive as it is the Black Bay is just another homage really. Albeit one with a better pedigree than most.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I go backwards and forwards on them and have decided if a watch makes me happy then it's all good.
Expensive as it is the Black Bay is just another homage really. Albeit one with a better pedigree than most.

Maybe, but it has the proper name on the dial.

·
Registered
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Until now Tudor didn't make homages, they made Submariners. I see the Black Bay as Tudor's tribute to their own rich history of Subs.

Personally, I wish Rolex would do the same thing.

Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Pulled the trigger on an 8926 today. I've owned a few sub homages in my time, including the Alpha Sub and Mil sub and a Raven Vintage.
Very much looking forward to having one again.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
The Kingston is gorgeous. i like it more than most submariners I've seen.

Reactions: Fullers1845
1 - 20 of 3151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.