WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2508 Posts

·
Registered
13,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The people have spoken! After 157 pages (on Tapatalk anyway) it's time to launch Part 3 of the best thread on WUS. What is the best homage to the Submariner? For me, still this...

Edit: Here are the links to Imitrex' Life Work in progress: Submariner Homage Repository

Actual URL is:
http://goo.gl/jiXpwm

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Again, not the best-just examples...

Today three packages arrived from far away; weird how that happens because they weren't even ordered in the same week...

Anyway, the explorer combo looked better in my mind than in real life but I'll give it some time, and the whatever you want to call the mercetudor may end up with snowflake hands someday if I get bored (when I get bored?)

Inspiration came from you guys mixing it up so thanks for that!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Does anyone know of a decent (~$500) GMT master II homage apart from steinhart? I like everything about the steinhart except for the bracelet. I've owned the O1GMT before and really liked it, except for the proportions of the lugs/bracelet.

Waiting for the MKII Key west is doing my head in! I need to something to scratch the itch in the meantime!

·
Registered
13,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Best Submariner Homage (Part 3) is off to a great start! Keep the sweet pics coming. I updated the OP with Imitrex' Life Work in progress: Submariner Homage Repository

Actual URL is:

And just for fun here's another pic of my Kingston.

Ok, and one more of my Dagaz Snowflake M.N. Tribute on Admiralty Grey Phoenix NATO...

Should I sell this one? Kinda been feeling the itch for a Squale 20 Atmos Maxi Dial on bracelet... :think:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Best Submariner Homage (Part 3) is off to a great start! Keep the sweet pics coming. I updated the OP with Imitrex' Life Work in progress: Submariner Homage Repository

Actual URL is:

And just for fun here's another pic of my Kingston.

Ok, and one more of my Dagaz Snowflake M.N. Tribute on Admiralty Grey Phoenix NATO...

Should I sell this one? Kinda been feeling the itch for a Squale 20 Atmos Maxi Dial on bracelet... :think:
You know that you will simply buy another in 6 months and start over.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
^^ That's Imitrex's 8926. I'm excited to see your SKX though. Sounds pretty cool!
Here we are. Originally I was going to do a full BB-mod, but with Mercedes hands instead of snowflakes. Then I decided I could live without a domed crystal. If the crystal wasn't coming out, perhaps I could keep the stock chapter ring. And at that point I started thinking might as well keep the black bezel insert as well. At which point I realized I was thinking of something very close to a MkII Kingston. Whoops!

IMG_7449.jpg by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7459.jpg by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

·
Registered
678 Posts
Here we are. Originally I was going to do a full BB-mod, but with Mercedes hands instead of snowflakes. Then I decided I could live without a domed crystal. If the crystal wasn't coming out, perhaps I could keep the stock chapter ring. And at that point I started thinking might as well keep the black bezel insert as well. At which point I realized I was thinking of something very close to a MkII Kingston. Whoops!

IMG_7459.jpg by Steve Hayward, on Flickr
Nice! It would be cool if you could find a gilt chapter ring though!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

That looks fantastic. What did you start with?

1 - 20 of 2508 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.