WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be swapping hands on my new SNZE99J and was wondering what tools work best for the job. There are tons of modded seikos out there so I thought this would be a good place to ask. I am looking at the Bergeon #1 or #6 hand puller, and need suggestions for the hand setting tools since the diameter of the hole is so important, especially for the fragile seconds hand.

I'm also going to pick up the dial protector and a 10x loupe to help keep things clean. I have a couple of cheapo/not working chinese movements to practive the hand removal and setting.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_209.html

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Where do you get one of those nice little hand presses? I have not been able to get setting hands correctly, especially with the tools I have.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You're the second person to recommend the India Made (or K&D style?) hand puller over the Presto style. I already have the movement holder, I guess I'll just pick up a cheap vise from a local hardware store, since the India Made puller needs 2 hands. In the pictures of the hand setting press, it appears that the push pins are metal. Is this correct? Do they not scratch the hands then? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts