WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum: It's time for a thread unrelated to part numbers for gaskets and the like, and to find out what you all think. What do you think is the best TV series EVER? This is watch related as I am asking only those in our Omega Community;-). I have a three way tie: 1) 'The World at War', a BBC series about WWII narrated by none other than Sir Laurence Olivier. Produced ca. 1974, it was haunting, and served as possibly the best advertisement for avoiding war whenever possible, 2) 'The Sopranos', HBO from '98 until '07. Complex, humorous. I have watched it from start to finish on DVD probably 7 times, yet still find material I did not see the first time, and finally 3) 'The Wire', HBO from '03 until '08. Absolutely brilliiant! Makes you feel empathy for, and be interested in the welfare of various people with few redeeming features. What say you, Omega owners?|>

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Arrested Development, Hogan's Heroes or The Black Adder (BBC)......I am very torn between these three.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Arrested Development, Hogan's Heroes or The Black Adder (BBC)......I am very torn between these three.
Arrested Development! I was almost in tears when they cancelled that one! Gob Bluth...what a character. 'The Final Countdown' makes me smile everytime I hear it:-!.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

:-d

The episode where they have a Highway Patrolman give Johnny and Venus drinks on the air and then measure reaction times is classic. The more johnny drinks the better his reaction time. Classic.

·
Banned
805 Posts
Band of brothers,Sopranos

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
:-d

The episode where they have a Highway Patrolman give Johnny and Venus drinks on the air and then measure reaction times is classic. The more johnny drinks the better his reaction time. Classic.

Man that was a great show. - David

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I'm not much of a TV watcher anymore. I like investigative programs, documentaries, history, etc. My life is too busy to ever see an entire series so I don't get involved in weekly TV. Some of the classics that I enjoyed from my youth were Rockford Files, Magnum PI, Hill Street Blues. On the comedy side ... Barney Miller, WKRP, MASH.

Now, ever TV in the house is on Nickolodeon or the Disney Channel. o| - David

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having difficulties choosing between a few shows :p
M*A*S*H, Stargate, Knight Rider, man from uncle, and now recently "Dexter"

·
Registered
27 Posts
For me it would be the [email protected] no1...the Pine Barrens episode is just a work of genius IMHO

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the **** outta here.
Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.
[hangs up]
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like ****.

:-d:-d:-d

Plus Father Ted .... brilliantly surreal Irish comedy about 3 priests and their housekeeper on rugged island.... and finally the West Wing...love this for reasons that i think i'd best keep to myself :-x:-!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Best Action:
Mission Impossible
The Sandbaggers
Man from UNCLE
I Spy [w/Culp and Cosby]

Best Sci Fi:
Dr Who
Project UFO
Space 1999
Outer Limits [orig. series]
Twilight Zone [orig. series]
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Mystery:
the Fugitive

Comedy:
Get Smart

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'Pine Barrens' is also my favourite episode. Cinematic in its quality. Directed by Steve Buscemi.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Best Action:
Mission Impossible
The Sandbaggers
Man from UNCLE
I Spy [w/Culp and Cosby]

Best Sci Fi:
Dr Who
Project UFO
Space 1999
Outer Limits [orig. series]
Twilight Zone [orig. series]
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Mystery:
the Fugitive

Comedy:
Get Smart
Kolchak the Night Stalker! I was only 13 when it got cancelled, but I am STILL choked about it:-|.

·
Registered
775 Posts
For me it would be the [email protected] no1...the Pine Barrens episode is just a work of genius IMHO

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the **** outta here.
Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.
[hangs up]
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like ****.
Hahahaha! That was a great episode.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
Not much of a TV fan (I like movies better). Although, 'Family Guy' makes me laugh (My kind of humour)

On the other hand, my wife LOVES 'Matlock' and 'Murder She Wrote'. I swear I'm married to a senior citizen :think:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts