WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I think the best tend to be the ones you remember from your childhood - I grew up hooked on Tales of the Gold Monkey, Magnum PI ( first time I recall watch envy! ), the Fall Guy and Airwolf, and then later, Cheers and Mash.

One I have a real soft spot for, though, is Northern Exposer - an absolute classic.

These days I'm a documentary man - the Blue Planet was amazing when it was first shown and I still enjoy it now, but that's not really the same thing....today, maybe, it's Family Guy.

I do like my Top Gear, too......

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I think the best tend to be the ones you remember from your childhood - I grew up hooked on Tales of the Gold Monkey, Magnum PI ( first time I recall watch envy! ), the Fall Guy and Airwolf, and then later, Cheers and Mash.

One I have a real soft spot for, though, is Northern Exposer - an absolute classic.

These days I'm a documentary man - the Blue Planet was amazing when it was first shown and I still enjoy it now, but that's not really the same thing....today, maybe, it's Family Guy.

I do like my Top Gear, too......
LOL. I think you meant Northern Exposure. If you say Northern Exposer around here, everybody automatically thinks of QT.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think its one of those shows that didn't "translate" well when it came over here. I must admit, I really don't find it that funny.
I think it just was never on the right time. A lot of my mates don't get it either. I think you need to watch a few to get into it. The chances of you doing this when it is on at 11.30 are remote. How many people would have got into "only fools and horses" if they only saw one? I used to live on Australia and it was unknown until another channel bought the rights and put it on at 7pm. After that it became the highest rating show around. In many ways it was a American show with British humour (subtle and sarcastic).

Still laugh when I think of Kramer driving the bus when it was held up by a armed robber (inside joke I know)

Jerry: "You kept making the stops"
Kramer: "They kept ringing the bell"

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
The best show currently on I think is "Lost".
A true mind bender in a thousand different ways.
It will be a miracle if the writers can come up with plausible resolutions and explanations by the end of it's run.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Office (BBC), Seinfeld, Band of Brothers and Deadwood.

Many other faves, but the above are untouchable IMO.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
The best show currently on I think is "Lost".
A true mind bender in a thousand different ways.
It will be a miracle if the writers can come up with plausible resolutions and explanations by the end of it's run.
Ain't that the truth. It will be very interesting to see how they finish this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Numbers...I used to be good in math 'till high school and the jerk teacher we had. I know a little about what they're doing, but not anywhere near enough to do it on my own.

M*A*S*H

Saturday Night Live - The early years...when it used to actually be funny!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Farscape, Band of Brothers, Deadwood, Simpsons, and I was getting into Firefly before its untimely cancellation

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hill Street Blues, it changed everything.
I mostly watch Fox News and as much of the others as I can tolerate. Most entertainment is garbage.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Roger, me thinks you watch too much TV. Try "The Factor" its
Bill O'Riellys show on Fox News. Its my favorite.
jim
Did you see Bill and Barney Frank the other night? Good thing for Barney they weren't in the same room:-d

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think it just was never on the right time. A lot of my mates don't get it either. I think you need to watch a few to get into it. The chances of you doing this when it is on at 11.30 are remote. How many people would have got into "only fools and horses" if they only saw one? I used to live on Australia and it was unknown until another channel bought the rights and put it on at 7pm. After that it became the highest rating show around. In many ways it was a American show with British humour (subtle and sarcastic).

Still laugh when I think of Kramer driving the bus when it was held up by a armed robber (inside joke I know)

Jerry: "You kept making the stops"
Kramer: "They kept ringing the bell"
I would agree with you, it does have a very "British" humour (possibly because the proponents are all Jewish?) subtle and sarcastic and as with most programmes of the type you have to watch a few to get an insight into the main characters personalities but basically it is about 4 self absorbed people.

The writing was excellent, the way the stories intertwined.

Larry David who co-wrote and produced Seinfeld made "Curb your enthusiasm" which I also love.

It is toe curlingly embarrasing in a hilarious fashion with added profanities so it will never be a prime time show. :)

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Forgot The X-Files. Anyone mention that yet?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think you're the first! I've never seen an episode of The X-Files, nor watched an entire episode of 'The Flintstones'. True story.
You don't know what you are missing with the Flintstones. Probably the prince of cartoons (maybe another thread is in order - Favourite Cartoon).Great show until they got foolish with Pebbles, Bam Bam and Captain Caveman.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
You don't know what you are missing with the Flintstones. Probably the prince of cartoons (maybe another thread is in order - Favourite Cartoon).Great show until they got foolish with Pebbles, Bam Bam and Captain Caveman.
I always thought Betty Rubble was kind of 'hot', then who do they cast as her in the movie? Freakin' Rosie O'Donnell. Wrong on so many levels:-|.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts