WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, guys! I've pulled the plug on a new (well, vintage, so new-'old') rose gold Girard-Perregaux not too long ago. So far, I'm really enjoying this watch. While it's exquisite, I'm not too impressed with the current strap that it's on. I've been contemplating putting it on a burgundy colored alligator strap, but I'd like to field other options as well. I'm curious as to what kinds of straps (gator, lizard, etc [and what color you guys think it should be]), to harmoniously resonate with the watch. I'll post a few pictures down below.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
Found this from Form Function Form...nice reference:

P,Q,R, and S will all work, if you want a complete red theme; I'd lean to Horween #8, Q, and then maybe R. Also the chestnut. The dublin ale, latte and espresso are more neutral browns, and would create a very nice autumnal combo. I personally wouldn't go to the lighter, yellower side (most of G-L). Dark chocolate brown would be preferable to black, for staying on the low-key side and letting the dial be the statement.

Square croc would look great. Lizard? Probably, but I'd tend to do a quieter color and let the texture speak...so brown probably, rather than burgundy. Light or no padding, but I'll always say that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts