WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which brand offers the highest value for money?

• A.Lange & Söhne

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Audemars Piguet

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Baume & Mercier

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Bell & Ross

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Blancpain

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Chopard

• Frederique Constant

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 38 13.1%
  • Hublot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IWC Schaffhausen

• Jaeger-LeCoultre

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Longines

Votes: 39 13.5%
  • NOMOS Glashütte

Votes: 36 12.5%
  • Omega

Votes: 53 18.3%
  • Oris

Votes: 55 19.0%
  • Panerai

• Patek Philippe

• Rolex

Votes: 30 10.4%
  • Seiko

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Sinn

Votes: 34 11.8%
  • TAG Heuer

• Tissot

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Vacheron Constantin

• Zenith

Votes: 17 5.9%
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, which brand offers the best bang for your buck? Which watchmaker still offers a lot of quality & performance relative to the prices charged? Where can you still get incredible deals? To clarify: for me "watch quality & performance" entails everything from materials, complications, to brand image, resell value and other value drivers.

For the indecisive, please pick up to three brands ... and let me know in the comments if I am missing any critical player! :)

·
Registered
39,207 Posts
Christopher Ward would be my nomination as best “Bang for the buck” watch.

Check out a Trident Mk3 and see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Only one of my top 3 are on that list: Oris. The other being Christopher Ward (as mentioned by Clive) and Steinhart. I have 8 watches from those 3 brands so have put money where my mouth is. Quality and looks in all cases is punching beyond their weight and in total cost less than my most expensive watch.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vostok for mechanical, Technochas' Electronika series for digital quartz, Casio for analog quartz.

There may be less expensive for each category, but there's no better for the same price. The more something becomes a luxury item or a status symbol, the more difficult the value proposition is for me.

View attachment 16119184
Absolutely true... if you don't care too much about swiss precision, brand image and resell value, among other things. Pretty hard to sell a used Vostok without a massive discount. :)

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Depends on what kind of money you have to play around with.

Choose a luxury brand and model nearly guaranteed to appreciate, and it represents an outstanding value... if you can afford the entry fee.

Otherwise, Casio F-91w, FTW.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Can't beat free, no service required, no battery change, and a power reserve well beyond what anyone needs. And you can't beat a few billions years of field testing.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts