WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Too many "best" watches within all of those price points. Depends on what your preferences are, and what suits your lifestyle. Would it be a watch for desk diving at the office? A watch for when you dress up? A sports watch or tool watch...?

I recently picked up a Timex Q-series reissue for ~$200 that will be my summer "do it all" or "beater" watch as many put it. It is on a steel bracelet, tells me the day and date, and looks good in my opinion. I have been impressed with it thus far.

I also have a collection of vintage watches, ranging from the 1920's to the 1970's, that are all over the spectrum in terms of price. Frankly, some of them I wear just to admire them... I'd be cautious of them when doing activity, making them unpractical for daily wear. Others I am much more comfortable with wearing them as they were intended, for daily use.

If you are looking for one watch to enjoy, I would recommend something versatile - a steel dive watch or military style watch is always a safe bet. Check out brands like Eterna and Seiko, they have rich histories and make reliable watches. At the top of the listed budgets you have endless possibilities, Omegas, LeCoultres, some Rolex, and countless other reputable brands. Find something that intrigues you and captivates you. An eBay or C24 search with the price parameters will give you thousands of reference points...

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Just remember, if it's vintage and you have no papers that verify when it was last serviced, add that to the end price

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Strictly vintage and with just my limited scope of collecting:

500: Accutron of your choice.

1000: Wittnauer Electro-Chron with the fancy lightning bolt hands.

2000: Solid gold Hamilton Electric of your choice.

3000: Oysterquartz Datejust in two-tone.

So that's my Christmas list, if anyone needs ideas. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts