WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is preferably for those who have or had both bracelets. Which of the two is most comfortable? I like a heavier watch so a more solid bracelet would be preferred.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If you like heavy, the super oyster is much heavier and more substantial. I have a super oyster on my SKX031 and a president on my skx007, just for a change up. I like the 3-d effect of the president bracelet, sets it apart from the sea of oysters out there.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The finish on the super oyster is excellent. no sharp edges, excellent and consistent very finely brushed finish.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
any photos to compare both. I have a skx175 on the jubliee which I like :)

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
On an 007, with it's round markers, I find that a flat and slab sided super oyster looks good, but not great. the rounder President is definitely the better looking bracelet in this application. That said, the president bracelet has hollow center links, which make it much lighter. it's up to you to decide if the weight difference is important to you or not.

A third option which you might not have considered is one of Yobokie's new Anvil Bracelets, which are solid and heavy, but share some of the lumpy roundness of a president. Here is my 007 on an Anvil:

and here is a review with a lot more pics that I recently wrote about the bracelet:

Review of Yobokies' New Anvil Bracelet....

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all. It was going to be the super oyster until i saw the anvil, thx Isthmus :-!.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The president looks GREAT on the SKX007, although it's a bit flimsy compared to the super oyster. I love the comfort and the look, though!
Photo credited to the photographer, not me.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thanks Gabe for posting your pic. Nice review as well. I have a super oyster on my 007 but will soon be going to the Anvil. Looks great! :-!

On an 007, with it's round markers, I find that a flat and slab sided super oyster looks good, but not great. the rounder President is definitely the better looking bracelet in this application. That said, the president bracelet has hollow center links, which make it much lighter. it's up to you to decide if the weight difference is important to you or not.

A third option which you might not have considered is one of Yobokie's new Anvil Bracelets, which are solid and heavy, but share some of the lumpy roundness of a president. Here is my 007 on an Anvil:

and here is a review with a lot more pics that I recently wrote about the bracelet:

Review of Yobokies' New Anvil Bracelet....

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've had my SXK173 on both the President and Super Oyster with Harolds solid end links. I really think the 007/173 looks great on the President, but I prefer the weight of the Super Oyster.

On President ...

On Super Oyster ...

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I had 007 in jubille and bullet in president, sold my pepsi 009 in oyster

for those 3 , I prefer president

its unique, flexible and comfortable

·
Registered
94 Posts
Greetings Watchuseekers,

I'm looking for a beater after I regrettably sold my Monster.

Anyone knows if this SKX007 case and president has been refinished? (brushed?)

Is it the original President that comes with the watch? I've seen the "J" version on ebay with the President but I can' tell from the pictures what type of finish it has...

I wonder who took this picture :think: perhaps I could ask him directly.

many thanks! :-!

The president looks GREAT on the SKX007, although it's a bit flimsy compared to the super oyster. I love the comfort and the look, though!
Photo credited to the photographer, not me.

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
Re: tried the President, Jubilee & others, SUPER OYSTER is my fav -quality,finish,weight,clasp

Super Oyster II for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts