WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im thinking of a watch by my birthday (april) ill be beginning payments next month. basically im torn because i own a aquaracer currently the grand date chrono quarts. i adore the caliber 16 movement. so the aquaracer chrono caliber 16 in white has its appeal, tho i would die if i got the caliber 16 heritge but im trying to stay with a sticker below 3k) so the caliber 6 with blue leather strap is what im thinking, they are 200 away from eachother so its not a price thing, its more the value for money and well style. i love the style of the heritage (i prefer the blue numerals and hands) but i love the movement of the 16, i do in time want to buy a caliber 16 heritage or 1887. so i feel like the caliber 6 would persuade me not to, just like me owning a aquaracer is the main reason i dont feel i should buy a second. now between the two who picks what and why?
as if that werent enough, i caught wind of the movado red label skymap. i want this watch a ton. tho it wont be available for a while and has a sticker slightly over my 3k budget at 3299$ retail. sellita sw300 movement, with a dupraz moonphase, and well damn good looks imo. so im torn between the two tags, which one...... or skipping them going for a skymap, then when the times right get what i really want a caliber 16 heritage/1887...
any imput?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just picked up a Heritage Cal. 6 a few weeks back. I was looking for a dress watch, specifically with a white face and brown strap, no bigger than 40mm. I was on a cruise and looked at several brands and the Carerra really stood out as a winner for the price. It compliments my Omega PO quite nicely. Typically I'm partial to Omega, but I was happy to jump outside the box and try out another brand.
What impresses me most? The accuracy of the Cal. 6... I synced it about 2 weeks ago to the atomic clock, I picked it up yesterday from out of the safe and it was running EXACTLY on time. I find it's sensitive to the rest position but doesn't fall outside of +/1 sec/day range. Not bad for a non-COSC movement!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea man, congrads, thats a very sharp looking timepiece .....everyone tells me t go for the carrera.... i very well may

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the overall shape of the cal 6 heritage. The only thing I don't like is the position of the seconds counter. I think it will be perfect if the counter and date window are positioned a little lower?

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
If what you want is an 1887 then save up for it.
You say you prefer the look of the Heritage Carrera Chronograph so I'll assume that the 1887 is the dream Carrera for you.
Get the dream, not a substitute.

How are you on the size of the watches? These days, with the price of even the "regular" Cal.16 Carrera being so high, if I were buying today, I'd find it hard to choose the modern watch over a real vintage Heuer Carrera Chrono.
Come to think of it, I still find it hard to overlook the re-issue Carrera with the Lemania movements.

Of course, I have small wrists and can happily live with a 36/37mm Carrera.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I like the overall shape of the cal 6 heritage. The only thing I don't like is the position of the seconds counter. I think it will be perfect if the counter and date window are positioned a little lower?
I think the location of the seconds counter is perfect...any lower and the "6" o'clock would get cut off. It looks well balanced; I don't like when numbers are partially showing because a counter is cutting is off :S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts