WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
if he has the model and serial numbers, he could post it in forums such as these and maybe find a lead in case someone sees them.

sad very sad event :-(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, it's pretty much a guarantee that a pretty decent chunk of all luxury items being sold at good prices on E-bay are stolen property. It's the new pawn shop. Anyone can pretty much anonymously put an item up for sale to people all over the world. And when sales are often international, the police aren't going to collaberate internationally in all but the largest of cases.

I can't imagine why anyone willing to pay the price for a high end watch like a Breitling would take their chances on E-bay to save some cash. The chances of getting a fake are absolutely massive, and it's also just as likely that the genuine one you got a good deal on was taken in a burglery at some guy's house the week before.

They say on the Breitling site never to buy one of their watches online.

Buying anything that costs a couple of thousand or more dollars off of E-bay is foolish if I ask me. You run a risk yourself and it's also very possible you're just helping some thief pay his rent.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hate to make light of the serious situation, but...you now can finally buy a real one on Ebay.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have purchased 4 Breitlings via Ebay, an Emergency, a SuperOcean, a Chrono Avenger and a Colt all without any problems at all, like it has been said on here many a time, buy the seller first then the watch!

Stefan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts