WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to bring attention to a fraudulent seller with several aliases to watch out for. Be careful when engaging any of the following usernames/emails:

All fake postings appear to have been posted through ChronoTrader.

A couple of weeks back, I found this posting for a Tudor Submariner 79090 that was priced quite a bit under market, yet appeared to be original and in fantastic condition. I quickly emailed the user (Domar92) at the email I listed above to begin gathering the details and starting the vetting process. Here is a timeline of the events:

• February 8: Initial exchange of emails to get a better understanding of condition, history, etc. and the seller was very responsive and even included additional photos that I requested, with the notable exclusion being a lack of timestamped photo because "I have already registered the watch at FedEx and asked them for tagged but they refused because its against their company's policy to unpack watch without customers inspection." I was skeptical but had still gone ahead and requested references, which is the point where he provided the three other emails above with links to previous (fake) transactions. Each of the "references" responded back within the day with glowing feedback and verified his name, location and prior practice of not being able to provide a timestamped photo in one case. At this point, having put my mind at ease, we agreed upon a price and he advised that he only accepts wire transfer. At this point, I should have definitely steered clear but I still had it in my mind that his references exhumed him of any shadiness.
  • February 9: I get his wire info and begin to move money around, we had agreed that the watch would be overnighted the same day that I wired payment.
  • February 10-11: Weekend - Funds have transferred into my checking account and I have scheduled the payment to take place on Monday
  • February 12: ​Received confirmation from my bank that funds have been wired and Domar92 goes quiet with only one email exchanged during the day: "Ok I will keep you posted I’m currently in a board meeting once I’m done I’ll get back to you as soon as possible to confirm." At this point I'm starting to get paranoid and begin doing a search on his references where I see these posts surface: SCAMMER, Reference Check: Mike Wise [email protected], RE: FS: Rolex 16610lv in great shape - SCAM. At this point I request a recall of the wire transfer through my bank and pray because I know that at this point, it's maybe a 1% chance that I'll ever see my watch or receive my wire transfer back.
  • February 13: Domar92 confirms that he has received the funds and that shipment will occur the next day with tracking information to come. All the while, I already know that he's bs'ing me but I didn't want to let on what I knew for fear that he would just disappear. I've contacted my bank as a follow-up to the recall I made and they advise that they're waiting on a response from the receiving back and to check back in 24 hours.
  • February 14: Bank still has no update. More excuses about the shipment and then I get these emails from him after I've requested tracking # for the umpteenth time: "They have sent out the watch but didn’t make it express delivery, I had to tell them to cancel and have it expressly shipped. So I will get tracking in a few minutes, I’m sorry but my location makes it hard to communicate swiftly at this point." "Yes after getting confirmation it was shipped and noticed it wasn’t expressed. I had to cancel if not it will take up to 5 days before it gets to you, but now it will only take a maximum of 2."
  • February 15: I wake up to several emails from Domar92, including a screenshot of his online bank account showing that the money I wired him is on the way back out due to a wire recall. At this point, he tries to accuse of me of wanting to get my watch and money as well...:roll: That being said, I'm elated as I call my bank and confirm that funds are in the process of being wired back and should process within a few days.
  • February 16-19: A few emails are exchanged, at this point he knows that the jig is up and I see funds pending in my account on 2/19.
I can't believe how fortunate I am to have actually managed to get my funds back, I truly believe it was a >1% chance. This guy knew what he was doing and took his images from a legitimate seller on The Rolex Forums. Even after doing my due diligence (while ignoring some red flags), I learned a valuable lesson - Always get a timestamped photo & never send a wire unless absolutely certain that the seller is legitimate. Hoping that others can learn through my experience, sorry for the word vomit but had to get this out there.

TLDR; Came as close as you can get to being scammed out of $3,500 from a scam artist seller with multiple aliases that he passed off as his references, managed to recall a wire transfer and get my money back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
WOW great story and better ending! Good for you and thx for the warning! Lots of scumbags out there suckin air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am administrator on the forum in French language Chronomania, La Passion Des Montres. This Article very interesting that shows that we must be very attentive to the usurpations of identities. The actual Domar92 offers watches on Sale Corner of the forum (CDA - Coin des Affaires) and is not a crook. His personal email is not at outlook. I informed him and he will launch a procedure to defend himself.
All the best.
Nicolas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to add that I had a similar encounter with this fake seller over an aquanaut last December but thankfully didn't get to the stage of wiring funds.
For me, in this day and age, if someone is an online ghost with no digital footprint, that's enough to rouse huge suspicion for me. Very glad to hear you got the wire reversed!

Two of the email addresses you mention, match with his and his 'references'. I have two others but am not able to post them here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts