WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BEWARE!

I stayed up until 2:14am and just bid and won the Frogman for $510. I paid and then the seller cancelled the order seconds later saying he didn't have it in stock. The seller answered other bidders questions about the buttons, band, bezel, etc, so the obviously it was in stock. I have over 1,000+ all positive feedback and this just pisses me off. Dishonest seller.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Can you rate a seller on a cancelled order? You should sh** all over the seller with 1 star and overview of their methods and report them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Can you rate a seller on a cancelled order? You should sh** all over the seller with 1 star and overview of their methods and report them.
If they retaliate with a neg on you, not worth the attack, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If they retaliate with a neg on you, not worth the attack, IMHO.
Makes sense. I don't know who can review who and under what circumstances. I would hope in a perfect world, the canceller shouldn't be allowed to review the cancellee.

Reactions: michaelpaul71

·
Registered
33 Posts
Makes sense. I don't know who can review who and under what circumstances. I would hope in a perfect world, the canceller shouldn't be allowed to review the cancellee.

I was watching that as well. He probably didn't like the price

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct, I am sure they didn’t like the price.

I prefer not leave feedback and just move on. No need to waste more energy then I already have on nonsense. I have bigger fish to fry. I did post out of annoyance and also so someone doesn’t potentially get ripped off. Have a great day everyone.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did not use any kind of bidding app. I was in communication with the seller before I bid and they advised there was two shipping options should I want a faster shipping option if I win.

So I stayed up until 2:14am. The current bid
was at $500. I placed my bid for $550 and I won the watch at $510. I then paid with PayPal and 10 seconds later the seller cancelled my sale and said it wasn’t for sale anymore. I am sure they were annoyed it only went for $510 so they lied and wouldn’t sell it to me. As I said, the seller was answering other questions from other bidders in the days leading up to the final day.

If they didn’t want to sell it for a low price out of their control then they should do a reserve.

·
Registered
28,225 Posts
No idea about eBay and so on and so on, but 510 USD (even 550) would be very very low imho ( if it's brandnew, unworn, complete .. GWF-D1000-1 I think I paid almost double in 2016. So I guess it's the seller's mistake to let this happen :-( Of course feel for you @Bulldog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
111 Posts
leave him negative feedback, he definitely deserves it. If he had a minimum price in mind then he should have set a reserve price.
sellers have not been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for a long time now, this was to prevent retaliation by the seller, (one of the few decisions by ebay which i think made sense)

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts