WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my title indicates I recently purchased a Seiko 6309-7409 Diver in good condition for its age but with two issues. 1) the bezel does not turn - it's at 12 o'clock and I don't plan to dive with it, but I would like to have that feature operational. Can I send it back to Seiko to repair that and is it worth the hassle? 2) it has a nice Seiko stainless bracelet but it is not a diver bracelet. Can I find an after market diver bracelet to replicate the original one or should I just put a new Seiko rubber strap on it? I wear it at my office so I think a stainless bracelet would be a dressier option if there is one. Thanks.

·
6,884 Posts
Welcome aboard Bill,

The 6309-7049 originally came on a divers strap... Seiko GL831. However it's no longer in production. The Seiko Z-22 "Flat Vent" is the closest you'll find.

You have several options for bracelets,. The most popular seams to be an oyster style.

Yobokies "Harolod" has them.

[email protected]

So does ebay seller William Jean..WJean, he also makes a very nice 22mm strap that would look great on your Seiko

[email protected]

For servicing I suggest Jack at IWW

Industrial Watch Works | Vintage and Modern Watch Repair and Modification

I'm sure many others will join in with suggestions.

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
As my title indicates I recently purchased a Seiko 6309-7409 Diver in good condition for its age but with two issues. 1) the bezel does not turn - it's at 12 o'clock and I don't plan to dive with it, but I would like to have that feature operational. Can I send it back to Seiko to repair that and is it worth the hassle? 2) it has a nice Seiko stainless bracelet but it is not a diver bracelet. Can I find an after market diver bracelet to replicate the original one or should I just put a new Seiko rubber strap on it? I wear it at my office so I think a stainless bracelet would be a dressier option if there is one. Thanks.
I think you mean either 6309-7040 or 6309-7049.

You could either:

a) Call a Seiko service center.
b) Bring, or send it to a watchmaker.
c) pry the bezel off and see what's got it caught up and then assess the situation.

That watch never came with a bracelet. They were originally sold on a rubber strap. You can put any 22mm strap on the watch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have had these old seikos with the rotating bezels for over 20 years and the bezels will stick from time to time. my old H601-8020 would stick about once a month, little WD 40 and like new again. infact i bought another off ebay because he could get the bezel to turn, got it and again a little WD 40 and like magic its perfect. i also bought another model H601 but had to pry the bezel off, really wasnt that big of a deal, cleaned it and again like magic it works. its worth a try.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts