WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

better means of bezel insert attachment

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
is there any kind of spring? or do insert and bezel assembly just attach to the case friction fit without some loose piece in between that could get lost

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
@gra1lhunt20 Here you go. This is what a complete assembly and an insert look like. 2254.50 and 2531.80.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
wow! thank you so much for taking the time to take pictures man! Its interesting that the bottoms of the inserts are different with no teeth on the 2531.80 My watchmaker did show me the little click spring on the underside of the 2254. Is there no spring with the 2531.80? because I don't see that stop-sign like wire around the circumference of the insert like on the 2254

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
final pics using the original bezel assembly(which previously housed misaligned third party insert thanks to hot glue/super glue) , with part # 082 ST 1361. stainless steel insert. Lucky find with the genuine bezel insert for good money. I know not everyone will like it, and I'd have liked to keep it original but I like this a heck of a lot more than a misaligned rubbish third party insert and I'm not in the position to do a full service right now. Look forward to a full Omega service to manufacturer spec down the line, but for now this will do.

2254 w mod.jpg part#.PNG

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The 2531.80 is only the insert. The 2254.50 is the whole assembly.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Is that 2531.80 insert friction fit? Now having seen the underside, it looks so smooth that I wonder how the heck it stays in

41 - 48 of 48 Posts