WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a Seiko SNZH55 here soon, and I'd like to give it a bit more of a unique look than just a black and white diver. I really really love the look of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (too bad I can't afford to spend the better part of a semester's worth of college expenses on a watch, hah) and I've seen pictures on here of POs with the orange bezel and an orange-stitched leather band which I think is a very cool look and would like to replicate on the Seiko. My question is could I simply buy a 42mm orange bezel insert and put it on the Seiko? Assuming the inner and outer diameters are the same, of course (I'll have to measure it when I actually get the watch). This is the insert that I'd like Bezel Insert for Omega Planet Ocean Orange Silver 42mm | eBay

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello!

First thing that you will notice about wholesaleoutlet is that this seller don't list the size of the bezel insert.

You need to find out the exact size of the bezel insert

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello!

First thing that you will notice about wholesaleoutlet is that this seller don't list the size of the bezel insert.

You need to find out the exact size of the bezel insert
Ah, that didn't occur to me either. The bezel appears to be about 40mm eyeballing it based on the size of the case but of course I'll have to ask the dealer about the size.

You can fit a 40mm bezel insert. I did it and I like it !
On a SNZH55? Sweet, that is good news for me! So you just bought a 40mm bezel and popped it in and it fit with no further modification?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just some double sided tape.
Awesome, thank you very much. One more quick question, what are the measurements of the SNZH55's inner and outer bezel dimensions? I'd like to find this out so I can order the watch and the bezel at the same time but I can't find the measurement anywhere.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The strange thing is that the glass bezel is 39,36mm (as is the BB-mod insert that people complain about that it is too small). But I measured the bezel and decided that 40mm was OK, and today the 40 mm ceramic arrived and dropped in as it belonged there.
I did not measure the inner diameter, the bezel insert is curved and the crystal is domed, no problems. But as you know, the crystal is 29, and there is a nice shiny edge that you see and don't want the bezel goe over, so an inner diameter of 31 will do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much! Can't wait to do this myself :D
Hi, do you have any result already? Have the same problem now, but besides of the bezel I'm going to put the flat glass instead of the domed.
I'd like to see some pics of your mod (if you did it)))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts