WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I wanted to get some feedback on this issue. I recently purchased a coin shaped bezel and ceramic insert made for said bezel to install on my Orient Mako USA II. The installation went well and I really like the way the watch looks...but the bezel insert seems to be too small for the bezel itself. There is a gap on the bottom half of the bezel that is large enough to get the corner of a sheet of paper in. I imagine water and dust will easily find it's way in there. Will those cause any long-term issues? I did use contact cement to get the insert attached to the bezel itself.

·
Registered
569 Posts
There is a gap on the bottom half of the bezel that is large enough to get the corner of a sheet of paper in. I imagine water and dust will easily find it's way in there. Will those cause any long-term issues? I did use contact cement to get the insert attached to the bezel itself.
I'd say the gap will be nothing more harmful than a dust collector. If you used enough cement there shouldn't be a problem with water getting underneath the bezel insert. It just looks bad. I had the same issue with a bezel insert, I have to see it every time I put the watch on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts