WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm in the process of repainting my bezel on my CD that I've had for about a year. I absolutely love the watch and it scares the daylights out of me to modify it, but I really want to see how it will look with the numbers on the bezel painted.

I have aqua-blue and standard green lumes to use, but any tips on which colour scheme I should use? My current plan is to do the first quarter (0-15s) in blue for the ticks, and the rest of the ticks green. Then I'm thinking of altering the directional triangles to be the opposite of the ticks (i.e. blue ticks = green directional triangle). I'm not sure what to do with the numbers though.

Any suggestions?

Stock watch photograph is below...I've repainted all bezel markings in flat white to give a nice reset to the whole face.

Reactions: anothernewphone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few shots of my work in-progress:

The workspace could be better-lit, but it's easier when I'm relying on being able to see where the lume needs more density:

View attachment 980077

I took off the bezel for doing the work, was a simple enough operation and easily accomplished with a machete and painter's tape. Did I say machete? I meant pocket-knife...

View attachment 980079

Unfortunately my first attempt didn't work very well. When I painted the bezel, the paint dried with some excess amount leaking beyond each tick and each number, but I was able to trim it with paint thinner quite easily. Unfortunately, the lume doesn't react quite as well to the paint thinner, so I'm going to reset and start from scratch. You can see my first attempt in detail below:

View attachment 980082

Regardless, I think you can see from the next picture that this project has potential! The bezel is still off but pictured to the right of the watch case itself. This is 2 minutes after a 10-second blast from the accessory light.

View attachment 980084

If you guys have any suggestions or additions, let me know! I'm going to be really happy once this project is finalized and moving on to my next project.

Reactions: jringo8769 and WnS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so it looks like I'm almost finished, there's only one tick-mark I have to redo but the rest looks pretty good! I pasted a montage below (full light, work light, and no light). I'd appreciate hearing what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.

View attachment 985226

1 - 11 of 11 Posts