WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have handled a few models in my search for a G-Shock, those being the 5600, 6600, and 6900. They have a nice rubbery feel about them. Is this the same material used on the Mudman bezel or is it a more hard rubber/plastic material? Also, kind of wondering the same for the 9052 and G2300 models.

Still mulling .... mull, mull, mull. :-s

Thanks for the help,
Mike

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think generally they are the same.

But Mudman strap is a little rougher and stiffer than a normal G-shock but it is still very comfortable.

I'm not too sure what you mean by a rubbery feel but the above is the best description I can give.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Not all bezels are created equal. That's for sure. Some models seem to use much softer and more absorbent resin than others. From my experience, the harder bezels are longer lasting.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think generally they are the same.

But Mudman strap is a little rougher and stiffer than a normal G-shock but it is still very comfortable.

I'm not too sure what you mean by a rubbery feel but the above is the best description I can give.
Ooops....... I just realized you are talking about bezels and not straps. :-x

Anyway, they all feel the same to me. Just because it is a Mudman or whatever man don't mean they won't disintergrate if you don't take care of it. But luckily a G-Shock is a tough little sucker so don't worry too much about this.

Besides when you are wearing it, you will only feel the strap and back on your wrist. So this should be a more important consideration.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I mean by "rubbery", is that it's not a hard plastic. They are a little softer than say a Swiss Army Knife handle material.

Hmmm, probably not describing it very good.

Mike

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
The strap on my black G-9000 is wonderfully soft and flexible. The strap on my cream G-9000 is noticeably stiffer.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I have handled a few models in my search for a G-Shock, those being the 5600, 6600, and 6900. They have a nice rubbery feel about them. Is this the same material used on the Mudman bezel or is it a more hard rubber/plastic material? Also, kind of wondering the same for the 9052 and G2300 models.

Still mulling .... mull, mull, mull. :-s

Thanks for the help,
Mike
the bezel of the G-9000 is pretty soft. it doesn't appear so when its attached to the case, but srew it off and you will see.

regards, holger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts