WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
In rotation: Lorier Neptune S3, Orient Bambino, & Yema Rallygraf
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I noticed a few weeks ago that I must have nicked my Lorier Neptune on something and it left an indentation in the bezel between the 30 and 35 marker.

I’ve attached a pic below with the damage circled. Pic is zoomed. Can this be fixed/buffed out or if I want it fixed do I have to replace the bezel ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
In my view, that is not anything that should be remedied.
If your watch spends its life on your wrist instead of in the box, one should expect, accept, and even welcome these marks of life's road traveled together.

That said, if you truly want it gone, given the kind of damage it is, replacement of the part is your only option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is damn small, especially when you factor in the magnification of your watch in the photo. Can you even get a finger nail into the depression?

That said, it's there.

No matter. Let's consider the most likely possible modes of repair. First, you can replace the bezel ring. Possible, if the manufacturer will cough up a bezel ring for you and then an esay bit of installation. Second, you can find someone skillful to soften (by careful abrasion) the ding into a more gradual depression that will then be re-polished and probably be somewhat less visable but likely not invisible (especially to you). The problem with dings is simple. More will follow.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Trying to fair that out will likely end in tears unless you want to reshape the entire periphery of the bezel ... which would be difficult to do. Without that there will be a visible flat spot that will probably look worse than that nick. Either live with it or replace it

·
Registered
Casio F-91W
332 Posts
Now that you mention, I’m looking at my Neptune and seeing all the scratches on the case and bezel.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Serious? Imo that is nothing to even concern yourself with. Watches are to be worn. The only real solution is entire bezel replacement as it is not on the insert, it's on the actual bezel. Live with it or get a new bezel.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
It happens, I can understand it's hard to live with. But at least you are wearing it and hopefully loving it!

Reactions: Frank Dux

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Laser welding.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Chuck it in the bin and buy another.
Seriously, did you post immediately after noticing the nick? I find that a scratch bothers me initially, then after a while I stop noticing it.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
I posted something similar after I found the first blemish on the polished flanks of my GS. I almost immediately regretted the post because I realized it was the first blemish, which meant there were many more to come.

Live with it and learn to love it as a sign you're actually wearing and enjoying the watch. It's a little beauty!

Reactions: Frank Dux and LCrow

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Oh hell yes that’s fixable. It just depends how serious you are about fixing it. That’s a 3 minute fix, if your serious PM me.
Teddy

·
Registered
In rotation: Lorier Neptune S3, Orient Bambino, & Yema Rallygraf
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the input. I guess you’re right; the first nick is the hardest. The light bounces off that nick a lot and sometimes irks me, but I’ll learn to live with it. I take good care of my watches and I hate when I hit them. Guess it’s just part of the life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,616 Posts
If needed, a good jeweler might be able to fill it in as an alternative?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts