WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just would like to ask if the bezel insert of a 6309, 7002 or 7s26 divers is glued to the rotating bezel or is it a snapped on tight fit?

The reason I asked is bec. there are some instances in some "step-by-step illustration/instruction of how to change bezel" that indicate that it is glued on while there is another that indicate as being a snapped on tight fit.

Thanks

:-!:-!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Just would like to ask if the bezel insert of a 6309, 7002 or 7s26 divers is glued to the rotating bezel or is it a snapped on tight fit?

The reason I asked is bec. there are some instances in some "step-by-step illustration/instruction of how to change bezel" that indicate that it is glued on while there is another that indicate as being a snapped on tight fit.

Thanks

:-!:-!
On the models you mentioned, the insert just snaps into the rotating bezel. No glue is used. On occasion is an insert is slightly smaller or worn, people have used a small amount of glue so as to make sure it is secure. This however is not typically necessary. Do keep in mind that not every Seiko insert is a perfect drop-in swap. For examples Tuna Inserts must be filed down ever so slightly in order to fit the bezel in an intro level diver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts