WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this watch delivered by authorized dealer. while I now realize that the 4 screws on the bezel are not "real" screws, mine actually spin freely - twist - whatever you want to call it. It's like theyre barely in there at all. Is this normal or a defect? will they easily fall out over time? if so, i'm exchanging this even though I LOVE the watch.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
every now and then I see someone mention about how one of the screws popped out or something like that, but that was mostly because they tampered with it from the beginning. they either tried to pry it out or pull it out and couldn't get it back in properly. I haven't had any problems so far and I swapped out the screws between different bezels on quite a few occasions.

I have both the Riseman and the G7900 and I like them both. Not a very good answer for you, I'm pretty sure of that. But that's how most of us here are, we all have more than one watch. and some of us have more than one of the same watch. Because of that, we can't really tell you our favorites because we love them all

But to help you out, the GW7900 may be a bit more useful to you than the Riseman. it has longer illumination time and you can view dual time on the home screen. Biggest complaint I have of the gw7900 is the tiny moon graph

·
Registered
991 Posts
Someone on here had mentioned they lost one of the "screws" and sourced a replacement from casio for something like 1-2 dollars per screw. So I wouldnt worry if one was to go missing, pretty cheap fix. Others have mentioned taking them out, and simply dropping a drop of glue in there before reinserting the screw.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have both the (non-atomic/non-solar) G-7900 and the (atomic/solar) Riseman and prefer the 7900 even though it's the non atomic/non Solar.... Maybe that's part of the reason. Regardless, I would not get rid of the 7900 in lieu of a Riseman but that's just me. My advice is to ignore the screws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Received the GW7900B-1 for x-mas. Love it. Replacing my G2300-9V as my EDC. Found this thread after I got concerned about the screws possibly being knocked out at some point. I just put a tiny dab of superglue in between each one. The glue will settle to the bottom; can't tell it's there on mine, except my screws don't spin now.
Love the functions and the look of the watch. I wouldn't let this minor issue sway me from getting another one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lasouthpaw! :)
So you guys think its fine to buy a watch that they advertise as one of the toughest around and then have to super glue it before you use it? G-shock are cheap and unreliable. Its a shame because I love the look and functions of them but I work in the fire service and have had 2 of them mist up and the GW-7900B lost a screw. Get a traser!!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
So you guys think its fine to buy a watch that they advertise as one of the toughest around and then have to super glue it before you use it? G-shock are cheap and unreliable. Its a shame because I love the look and functions of them but I work in the fire service and have had 2 of them mist up and the GW-7900B lost a screw. Get a traser!!
I'm afraid you're not going to win many fans on this forum with that attitude! :-d

G Shocks are as tough as they come. The GW7900b can easily be 'modified' to overcome the missing screw syndrome, which for a huge percentage of owners is really a non-issue. The drop of glue is a sensible, and extremely cheap option. Think of it like giving a new pair of good leather shoes a quality polish before wearing them out.

Or, do what I and some others have done and convert the 'screws' to the flush fitting ones from the G7900 series - again, a very easy & cheap mod, and they'll never come out!

A Traser is a sound watch, but due to its cost, can hardly be compared to the majority of G Shocks. Oh, and welcome to the forum!!

Watch Wrist Hand Font Strap

Reactions: Reloko

·
Premium Member
8,206 Posts
I have had mine since June. No problems. I don't even notice them spinning. And I like their look, too. I get compliments on the watch even though I don't solicit them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Received the GW7900B-1 for x-mas. Love it. Replacing my G2300-9V as my EDC. Found this thread after I got concerned about the screws possibly being knocked out at some point. I just put a tiny dab of superglue in between each one. The glue will settle to the bottom; can't tell it's there on mine, except my screws don't spin now.
Love the functions and the look of the watch. I wouldn't let this minor issue sway me from getting another one.
I don't know if anyone has this information or can point me in the right direction. I have just purchased a GW-7900CD-9 (Yellow). It came with the four SILVER bezel screws. I would like to replace them with the same BLACK bezel screws like on the RED GW-7900RD-4ER. I think it would look very cool with the black "screws" vs the silver ones.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I don't know if anyone has this information or can point me in the right direction. I have just purchased a GW-7900CD-9 (Yellow). It came with the four SILVER bezel screws. I would like to replace them with the same BLACK bezel screws like on the RED GW-7900RD-4ER. I think it would look very cool with the black "screws" vs the silver ones.
Don't know where you are, but in the UK phone Casio (020 8208 9567) and ask for Black rivets (decorative pieces) Casio part No. 10330600

Oh, and it will look cool!

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/my-new-gw-7900cd-9er-mildly-modded-600371.html

Also with deployment clasp...

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/black-deployment-clasp-mod-success-last-679529.htmland finally, welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
These were my exact thoughts too.
Yep, best to avoid - the likelihood of it happening is probably 50000 to 1, and the expense of replacing it, almost 50p, is prohibitive... :roll:

·
Registered
111 Posts
The screws are meant for protecting the screen of the watch. For instance, if something were to bang into the watch with a flat surface, the watch wouldn't receive much damage as the screws take most of the impact.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.